Saturday, February 22, 2014

BIG News!!

 Good evening Ladies and gentlemen, I am the AWL Commissioner. Last weekend at AWL 82, the wrestler known as THUGLIFE Tanaka Kenichi attacked his opponent before the beginning of their scheduled match. The referee immediately declared the match a no-contest. This attack was unprovoked and wholly unacceptable. Mr. Tanaka has been suspended for 30 days without pay. Also, while even I do not have the authority to overturn a referee's decision, Ganba has been payed as if he had won the match.

Moving on to other matters, I have been asked many times over the past few days about Yarina's plan to make Wonder Kid the AWL World's Heavyweight Champion again. While here stated scheme is less than honorable, there is nothing illegal about it. However, I fear her plan will not be as simple as she thinks. To prove it, HAKAISHA will challenge Ultramantis Black for the title NEXT WEEK!

The final piece of news that we all (including myself) learned at AWL 82 was that Matt Classic plans to retire from the Animated Wrestling League at the end of this season. I'm sure everyone in the company will join me in saying that we are going to miss Matt and we wish him well in the future. However, as a professional wrestling promoter, I would be remiss if I didn't try to milk one final main event from this legend before I let him ride off into the sunset. Therefore, as a final thank you to Matt Classic and in recognition of his years of service, I am offering him a last opportunity at glory.

At AWL 100, in his FINAL MATCH, Matt Classic shall challenge for the AWL World Heavyweight Championship against whomever holds the title at the time.

Lastly, I have a very special announcement for you. Earlier this week, our own Ryusensei interviewed none other than . . . CM Punk! This is Punk's first interview since leaving WWE and joining the AWL.


*****
 Ladies and gentlemen of the internet. It is my pleasure to present to you an exclusive interview I conducted just last night with former WWE Superstar and current AWL Wrestler CM Punk. Before I start, I want to explain the rules that Punk set down before he agreed to be interviewed. First, I was not allowed to ask about his departure from WWE. Second, I was not to ask about his personal or love lives. Lastly, I had to buy him a Japanese Salty Watermelon Pepsi (he didn't believe me when I told him it's not horrible). But he did agree to be candid about his reasons for coming to the AWL and his goals with this organization. Here now, that interview:

Ryusensei: CM Punk, thanks for agreeing to this interview. Let's jump right into it. Why did you come to the AWL.

CM Punk: For years I've been working for a wrestling organization that was embarrassed to be a wrestling organization. Pro wrestling is what I love and WWE drained that love out of me. After I left, I spoke to Colt Cabana, you know just shooting the shit, and he put me in contact with Matt Classic. Matt's a friend of Colt's and wouldn't shut up about this AWL thing he was doing in Japan. Eventually, I got curious and called the AWL offices and they put me in right through to the AWL Commissioner. The rest is history.

Ryusensei: And how did that meeting go?

CM Punk: Great. He was very respectful of me and my work, the first thing he wanted to know was what I wanted to do. He didn't come at me with ideas or demands, he just asked what I wanted to do and we went from there.

Ryusensei: What is your current contract status with the AWL?

CM Punk: Hand shake deal.

Ryusensei: What are your goals in the AWL?

CM Punk: Smiles As you probably figured out at National Pro Wrestling Day, I'm coming for the AWL World Light Heavyweight Championship. The AWL is the first company I've ever seen that promotes all of it's titles equally. The World Light Heavyweight Title has main evented shows and the champion is considered one of the "faces" of the company. I want to be part of a company that values wrestlers for their athletic skill, not their injection schedule. For their wrestling not their cycling. So Shin Tora, get ready, because soon you're going to take a little nap, courtesy of The Best in the World. But I don't want to be HANDED a title shot. I've earned everything I've gotten in my career and I want to earn this too. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading back to my bus for an ice pack and a pepsi.

Ryusensei: OK, thank you very much for your time sir.



No comments:

Post a Comment