Saturday, April 28, 2018

Interview with Matt Classic Jr.


                As was announced yesterday, the Test of Ten continues tomorrow with Matt Classic Jr. facing Tanaka Kenichi in the 3rd match of the series.  His stated intention from the beginning was to earn a Golden Opportunity to make up for costing Shin Jidai a tag team title match about a month ago.  However, since then, the Shin Jidai duo of Wyvern and Azteckaizer NEO have won the tag gauntlet and thus have a tag team title match of their own at Golden War 2018.  I caught up with The Invoker to see if these recent developments have affected his thoughts going into the third match of the series this weekend:
Matt Classic Jr.:
                This doesn’t change a thing.  I’m happy Wyvern and NEO are going to the Golden War.  I’m sure they’re going to bring the tag team titles and a couple tiger skin rugs back to Shin Jidai.  But this wasn’t about them.  It’s always been about me.  About me proving myself to the team.  About me having an accomplishment that was mine, not my father’s and not my team’s.  Yes, I planned to use the Golden Opportunity to challenge for the tag titles, but now I can just use it to challenge for the AWL Grand Championship.  Like I said, nothing has changed.  Tomorrow, I have Tanaka Kenichi.  Next week, it’ll be someone else.  I’m going to pass this test with flying colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment