Saturday, July 4, 2020

Interview with the New Classics


                Matt Classic Sr. has refused to take time from his private training (and considering the results we all saw at AWL 319, I don’t blame him) for an interview.  So, I sat down with the other three members of The New Classics to discuss the Lucha de Apuesta and their thoughts on Matt and his influence on their careers.
Ryusensei: Thank you for your time gentlemen.  We’re here to talk about Matt, but before we get to that, Lee, you are in the ladder match for the #1 contendership for the AWL Grand Championship.  What are you doing to prepare for this match and, as the #1 member of the Best 4, are you disappointed that you’re not in the main event of the Season Finale?

Lee Masters: Yeah, I’m pissed that I don’t get my title fight.  I think I could take Hakaisha or whatever he’s called these days, but Red has the Golden Opportunity an’ that gives him the right to challenge for the belt.  I’d be a real asshole if I got mad at Red or anyone else for following the rules.  I just don’t like waiting.

Ryusensei: And your preparations for the ladder match?

Lee Masters: Heh, I’ve been practicing climbing ladders like a human being rather than like a wrestler.  I know I can beat Akira, Wyvern, and even Tiger Mask one on one or even in a 4-way.  The ladder is the bit I’m not sure about.

Ryusensei: Best of luck.  Now, let’s get to the reason we’re all here.  Matt Classic shocked the wrestling world when he seemingly out of nowhere agreed to wager his mask to get a match with Ganba Hisshi Dark.  Did you know this was coming?  Or were you as surprised as  the rest of us?

Sammy Nix: Not really.  I think we all knew Matt was gettin’ desperate and he had some kinda plan, but wagering his mask?  Nah, I think that hit all of us out of the blue.

Chiba Akagi (speaking English): Yes.  We were very surprised.  But I have been wrestling in tag team matches with Classic-sensei more recently than either of you.  I think he is ready.  He can beat that monster.

Lee Masters: I hope you’re right.  I remember the first time Matt took off his mask in front of us. We’d been training and wrestling together more about 2 years at that point.  That mask means everything to him.  If he loses that mask, he’s done.  Career over.

Sammy Nix: Definitely.

Ryusensei: Nearly two weeks ago at AWL 319, Matt came out looking better than I’ve ever seen him and I think I’m the only person who’s worked here longer than you and Matt.  I’d hoped to ask him…well…what the hell happened?

All: HAHAHAHA!

Sammy Nix: We haven’t got a clue.  None of us have seen Matt other than at 319 since this match was booked.  If you figure out what he’s doing, please let us know.

Chiba Akagi: はい、教えてください!

Lee Masters: What he said.

Ryusensei: Thank you gentlemen.  Lee, best of luck this weekend and all of you please give Matt my best when you see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment