Monday, January 23, 2017

Pre-Tournament Promos

Greetings Grapple Fans (I’m told that phrase is cool again),
Today I have a few comments from some of the wrestlers that will be participating in the 2017 New Year’s Tournament:

Liga Cosmica (Translated from Spanish):
Happy New Year Japan!  It’s a new year with new opportunities for the Star League!  For example, we’re getting our first real chance at singles wrestling in Japan!  Both of us are in the New Year’s Tournament and I’ve got the luck of fighting the new Grand Champion in the first round.  Everyone’s saying that I haven’t got a chance.  He’s the singles champion and I’m “just” a tag team champion.  

Well, no way!!  This tournament is our chance to show that tag team wrestlers are no mid-card afterthought or joke.  And I’m going to start by beating the Grand Champion 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring!  The only question after that is whether the Solar Flare or the Golden Star walks out of the AWL Arena as the 2017 New Year’s Tournament Champion!
--Erupicon Solar

The New Classics:
Lee and I have been tag team partners for more than 6 years now.  All the way back to Season 0 when Matt brought us together.  And we’ll probably continue in the tag team division into the future but, when you’ve been tag team champions as often as we have, there’s only so much more you can do.  That’s why we were both happy to see our names included in the AWL New Year’s Tournament.  Both of us have been in the AWL our entire careers, but neither of us have ever held that top belt.  I know it’s a little late for New Year’s resolutions, but this year one of us is going to become AWL Grand Champion!  And to make that happen, we’ve both been training separately from each other.  I’ve developed a new suplex combination that I don’t think anyone on the AWL Roster has ever seen and I have no idea what he’s been up to.  Guess we’ll all find out together at the tournament.
--“Suplex Master” Sammy Nix

Tiny:
I’m done with tag teams.  At AWL 200, I put my past behind me once and for all.  Now, it’s all about me and becoming a 2 time champion!  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still the guy who’ll dance to the ring, pose for pictures, and sign anything you want, I’m just doing it by myself and for myself for the first time in my life.

My family lived in a…not very nice…part of LA.  Dad was always working and Mom was probably the busiest person in town trying to keep up with my brothers, my sister, and me.  So, with me being the oldest, I had to help out a lot.  Then, when I get into wrestling and find myself recruited to a promotion on the other side of the planet (that just so happens to pay me more money than I’ve ever made anywhere in my life), I find myself carrying everyone else yet again.  From a psychotic business man to a deluded comedian, I’ve been the second banana my whole life.  That changes today and that changes at the New Year’s Tournament.


That’s it for now wrestling fans, check back soon for more news and exclusive features from the Animated Wrestling League.

No comments:

Post a Comment