Saturday, May 20, 2017

Final Promos from Champion and Challenger.

Let’s hear from the champion and challenger in tomorrow’s AWL Grand Championship Match.  First, the challenger:

August 26th, 2012.

AWL 25.  

That was the night I beat Matt Classic Sr. to become AWL World’s Heavyweight Champion.

I’d been in the AWL for a couple of years at that point and I’d spent most of that time being somebody’s lackey.  But that night I stood across the ring from one of the greatest of all time and I beat him.  I held that title belt above my head and heard the words I’d been waiting to hear said about me ever since I was a kid, “Here is your winner and the NEWWWWWWW heavyweight champion of the world…”  It was the culmination of a dream.

I lost that title less than a month later to a crazy werewolf, but that’s how the wrestling business goes sometimes.  Since then I’ve become a triple crown champion, winning both the tag belts and the old anarchy championship.  But AWL 25 has always seemed like the pinnacle of my career.  But now I find myself with another chance…probably my last chance.

Wrestling is a young man’s sport and I ain’t a young man no more.  I’m going into this match with the mindset that this will be my last chance.  Wrestler X, copy my moves, my strength, my power all you like.  But there are two things you can’t copy: My heart…and the fact that I have nothing to lose.

--Tiny


HAHAHAHAHA!  You decrepit fossil!  You relic from an age best forgotten!  You have been nothing but a joke amongst jokes your entire career.  You would be better off forfeiting this match and retiring…before you get hurt.


--Dr. Jigoku

No comments:

Post a Comment