Saturday, May 18, 2019

IC Title Promos


                In less than 24 hours the AWL Intercontinental Championship will be on the line as the defending Erupcion Solar pits his Lucha Libre skills against the inventor of professional wrestling, Matt Classic Sr.  As per AWL custom (meaning whenever I get around to it), this final blog post of the week shall be turned over to the champion and challenger to say their piece before the match.  First, the challenger:

Matt Classic Sr. (Transcribed from a letter apparently written on a typewriter.)
Dear Erupcion Solar,
                Listen up kid.  I like you.  Yer one heckofa wrestler.  But that doesn’t matter right now.  You have something I need.  I’m an old man, I admit it.  I don’t know how many matches I have left in me and I have something I need to do before this old body of mine forces me back into retirement.  I need to stop Ganba or whatever he’s calling himself these days.  He ended my son’s career.  So, I’m going to take the only thing he cares about: His belt.
                This is personal.  This is family.  I don’t have the time to wait around for a tournament or for the AWL Commissioner to give me a chance to get on the waiting list.  So, I need the AWL IC belt so I can carve my own path to Ganba.
                No offence kid, but I’m going to give ya the old airplane spin and before you can get up I’mma lock on the Claw and that will be that.
                Sincerely,
                Matt Classic Sr.

Erupcion Solar: (Translated from the original Spanish by the AWL Translation Team.)
                Fine.  Classic wants to look past me.  He wants to act like I’m some stepping stone to bigger and better things?  Suits me.  People have been underestimating me my entire career.  Nippon Yokatta took me lightly and I took their belt.  My…ex…partner looked down his nose at me, and I humiliated him in front of the world at the Golden War.  Now one of the few American wrestlers I grew up admiring decides to look past me?  Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment