Saturday, May 25, 2019

Matt Classic Speaks


                The following message arrived by courier to AWL HQ this morning.

To whom it may concern,
                My son lost the right to wrestle in the AWL thanks to Ganba Hisshi DARK.  Yes, my son chose to invoke the Test of 10.  But it was Ganba that not only ended his AWL career but injured him so severely in the process that he hasn’t wrestled a single match since.  He may never wrestle again.
                I don’t blame Ganba for winning the match.  That would be insane.  I blame Ganba for being unprofessional about it.  Ever since I started this business, there’s always been a code amongst wrestlers.  Fight hard.  Fight to win.  Fight to feed yourself and your family.  But ALWAYS remember that the other guy has his family to feed too.  He has his own bills to pay.  So, fight to win, but not to injure and NEVER to cripple or kill.  Recognize they the other guy has to earn a living too.
                Ganba has broken that code FAR too many times.  He’s lost the right to call himself a wrestler and he has no business carrying the AWL Grand Championship around his waist!
                So, I’m going to take it from him.  I need 5 matches against 5 opponents.  I’m asking the AWL Commissioner to find me those matches as fast as possible.  I know I don’t have enough time between now and AWL 280 to earn (that’s right Ganba, EARN) my right to become champion.  But I’m an old man and I can’t afford to wait too long.

Matt Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment