Thursday, April 2, 2020

Joshi Division Promos


                Starting today we have a series of comments from the major players at Sakuramania Wrestlegenesis.  We begin with the AWL Joshi Division.  First, the champion and challenger in the AWL Joshi Championship Match:
Dragoness:
                I’m sorry.  It’s been nearly half a season and this is the first time I’m defending the AWL Joshi Championship.  I could blame the AWL Commissioner, the rest of the division, my tag team matches, or any number of other people.  But this is my fault.  If I win this match, you have my word that it won’t be another 2 months before I defend it again.
                ResuPINK, this isn’t going to be a personal blood feud or a grudge match.  I resect you and all the Purosentai Resurangers.  But I’m going to beat you because I can’t let my title reign end like this.

ResuPINK:
                We have nothing but respect for you and your family as well.   We know that The Augments are coming for all the AWL Titles and it’s our duty to protect the AWL from the forces of evil.  My team mates still have three Golden Opportunities, but I have to take that title to protect it and the entire Animated Wrestling League.

Ryusensei here again.  The AWL Joshi Championship Match is not the only match to showcase the division on this Supercard.  One of the biggest feuds in all of the Animated Wrestling League has been the rivalry between The Mistress of 1000 Holds vs. “Lady Smooth” Jessica Kidd.  While titles have changed hands between them and there have been wins and losses in tag team and handicap matches, there has NEVER been a clear decision between them one on one.  That WILL change this weekend at SMWG because they will have 30 minutes to settle things in the first ever AWL Iron Woman Match!  We got comments from both wrestlers as they were training for this colossal fight.

Jessica Kidd:
                I don’t think anyone can understand how embarrassing it was to go 5 rounds with Akira Merune and not even find a single fall.  My dad was one of the last guys practicing the traditional style of British wrestling.  He trained me from basically as soon as I could walk so I could carry on the tradition in a world where the best British wrestlers in the world are wrestling American style matches.  They’re killing it, but they’re playing someone else’s game.
                This weekend, I have the chance to get some of my own back.  An Iron Woman Match is not that different from a World of Sport Match.  It’s basically 6 rounds without rest periods.  Akira-senshu has only ever wrestled one fall matches and none of her title defenses have ever gone anywhere near the 30 minute mark.  I’m better trained for this and that’s why I will win!

Akira Merune:
                I admit.  I don’t like losing.  Losing the AWL Joshi Championship was the worst day of my life and losing the tag team titles not once but twice, and the second time in our first title defense made me angry at myself.  But there’s one thing we have in common, we both left that World of Sport Match unsatisfied.  This weekend, let’s finish this!

No comments:

Post a Comment