Sunday, April 28, 2013

Interviews with Wonder Kid and Ma-Ji-Ku


              In accordance with AWL tradition, both champion and challenger in this weekend’s AWL World Heavyweight Championship Match will be given an oppertunnty to address both the AWL fans and each other in this forum.  First, the Challenger, speaking through his manager, Yarina.
              December 9th, 2012 was the most important day in AWL history.  That was the day that The Man Muscle Mountain became AWL World Heavyweight Champion.  He has held that title for 147 days as of this coming weekend.  Let me make this as clear as possible.  No half pint, half baked, half crazed little acrobat is going to end that title reign this week or ANY week.  Wonder Kid is on a mission to break the 365 day barrier and no masked dancer (or whatever the hell he is) is going to stop him.
              Ma-Ji-Ku, we respect what you’ve done in the Junior’s Division.  You’ve held the Curtain Jerker’s Championship since November 17th 2011.  That’s an amazing 527 days.  But let’s face it, that’s the Baby Division.  The dumping ground for all those wannabe spot monkeys who don’t have the size, strength, or power to be real professional wrestlers.  Ma-Ji-Ku is the best of his kind in the AWL.  But at AWL 54, he steps into the big leagues where he is out manned, out gunned, and out classed.
              We’ve already planned the celebration for day 148!

And now, the challenger.  The following message was translated from the original Spanish.
              Yarina may be full of (among other things) herself, but she’s right about one thing.  I have been AWL Light Heavyweight Champion for over a year.  Just over 16 months as a matter of fact.  No matter what insults or ignorance you may hurl at the Light Heavyweight Division, we are the premier athletes of the AWL and we do things every week that you couldn’t imagine pulling off in your wildest dreams.  My entire career I have been labeled as the “Little guy who just can’t get it done against the big boys.”  Yes, it’s true that every time I’ve lost a match it has been when I have fought outside of my weight class.  But I’ve had my share of wins against heavyweights as well.  For example, I beat Dragon in the finals of Video Cybernetico to get here.  And this weekend I will silence all the critics.
I have turned back every challenge that has come my way and I never had to hide behind technicalities or “10-Minute Challenges” to do it.  I have fought with honor, integrity, and old fashioned hard work in all that I do and that has lead me to unprecedented success.  I AM Light Heavyweight Champion.  I AM Co-Tag Team Champion.  I AM the final Anarchy Champion.  At AWL 54, I will make history as the AWL’s FIRST Champion of Champions.
                                                                      --Ma-Ji-Ku

No comments:

Post a Comment