Saturday, July 9, 2016

Final Promos

We all knew this was coming. With AWL 180 less than 24 hours away, it's time for the final words from both champion and challenger in the main event. And unlike some main events I can think of, both of these men have passed their physicals and their drug tests so the fight is on!

First, our guest and challenger:

RAINMAKERオカダカズチカ (Translated from Japanese):
I have three things to say:

1: The AWL Grand Championship is a title second only to my own IWGP Heavyweight Title. But still second. When I become champion, the AWL Grand Championship will be elevated to a brand new level.

2: Hassan is one of the few American wrestlers I respect. I watched his journey to become Intercontinental Champion and then Grand Champion and I was impressed. He's worthy of being beaten by me in the main event of any show in Japan.

3: When I become double champion, I will make myself available for title defenses at all AWL events. If that conflicts with any New Japan shows, I'm good enough to wrestle twice in one night, so it doesn't matter.

Hassan! Tomorrow you and I will Make. It. Rain!

Hassan: Wow! You're lucky you're one of the best wrestlers in the world, because you'd be an insufferable prick otherwise. Yeah, you're good and so am I. We're both champions so you have every right to call yourself the Ace of New Japan...but this isn't New Japan. This is the Animated Wrestling League! This is the company I've worked for almost my entire professional career. I've been here since Season Zero when we were wrestling in whatever dive we could book that could fit a ring. Of the 4 guys I started this in this company with, exactly none of them are left in the AWL or in wrestling at all! Rasputin, Lee, Jack, shout out to you guys, A.O.E. forever!

The AWL is my home away from home. Hell, with all the garbage going on back in the states now, this may become my home, period. If you think I'm going to let some bleached blond pretty boy with a good dropkick, a stiff lariat, and a bad habit of dressing like the love child of Donald Trump and Mr. T just walk into my home and take my title without the fight of his life, you've got another think coming. See you Sunday and we'll see if your wrestling backs up your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment