Tuesday, December 13, 2016

AWL 200 Card so far

OK Wrestling Fans, we are less than a week away from AWL 200 in the Tokyo Dome. That means it's time to reveal the official fight card as we know it so far. Remember, this is subject to change.

AWL 200 in TOKYO DOME
Season 10 Finale!
MAIN EVENT
Project (C) vs. 千葉赤城 (IC)
AWL Grand Championship Match
6th Title Defense
Intercontinental Championship Cash In
30 Minute Iron Man Submission Match!
Dr. Jigoku BANNED from ringside

Tiger Mask II vs. Black Tiger III
Mask vs. Mask

HAKAISHA! vs. THUGLIFE田中健一
Clash of Styles Tournament Finals!

Liga Cosmica vs. The Empire
AWL World's Tag Team Championship Match
1st Title Defense

新時代 vs. The Augments
3 on 2 Handicap Match?
Winner takes the Star of Aztec!

Jon Shina vs. American Beetle vs. Curry Man SPICY vs. Mr. Smiles
BATSUMANIA!

So far that's six matches over at least two videos. Never let it be said that the AWL doesn't give the people what they want!

Lastly today and for the rest of the week, we're going to be offering the AWL Roster the chance to speak directly to you, the AWL Fans. Up first is the #1 Contender to the AWL Grand Championship and reigning AWL Intercontinental Champion, Chiba Akagi:

I've only been wrestling in the AWL for about a year and a half now. It's my third season and I've already done more in this company than I thought I'd ever do in my career. I've fought and teamed with legends. I've wrestled in front of huge audiences. Most importantly, I've been accepted by some of the most diserning fans in professional wrestling.

This Sunday I'm going to step onto the biggest stage of my career. I'm going to walk into the Tokyo Dome and wrestle for the top prize in all of animated wrestling. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I'm more than that, I'm honestly frightened. Not by the venue of the fact that this is a title match, but because for the first time in my life...I matter.

I was always the kid in school that nobody paid attention to. When I started wrestling I was "That submission guy." Even when I made it to the big time of the AWL in 2015, I figured I'd spend my career firmly in the midcard making a good living, but always being that guy on the middle of the show. The guy that maybe a few hardcore fans on the internet respected, but never the one who got the title shots or did anything important.

But that's all changed now. Now I'm the man on the front lines in the war against The Augments. And make no mistake, this is a WAR! If I can take back the AWL Grand Championship, I can deal a serious blow to the Augments. I will matter.

I know the risk I take challenging for the title. But it's a risk I'm more than willing to take to make a difference.
--Chiba Akagi
(This message translated from Japanese by the AWL Translation Team)


No comments:

Post a Comment