Thursday, December 15, 2016

One step closer to the dome!

We received two messages to relay to you today. The first came on GWM (Global Wrestling Monopoly) letterhead.

Black Tiger III has completed his penance and has been authorized to return to the AWL to compete at AWL 200. After he defeats the false tiger and takes his mask, we will begin negotiations for Black Tiger III's future championship match.
--Miss X

That confirms that the second ever Mask vs. Mask match WILL take place at AWL 200! Next, we have a message from Shin Jidai explaining (and confirming) some things about the mystical Star of Aztec:

Wyvern:
I honestly can't believe I'm talking about this, but here we go. Azteckaizer Neo has agreed to wager the Star of Aztec in a match against The Augments. But there's only one problem. He has to compete. Apearently the magic mumbo jumbo that makes the star work will allow it to be won or lost in a wrestling match, but the guy who currently has it has to be in the match.

Since that cyborg giant is defending the title in the main event (Good luck Chiba, we're all rooting for you!) Jigoku only has two minions to send against us and neither Matt or I are backing down from this fight.

So yeah, the Star of Aztec is on the line, but unless Jigoku can find a third man, it's 3 on 2!

Finally today we once again turn the blog over to an AWL Wrestler to address the fans directly. Today it's the Largest Athlete on the Roster, Tiny:

I've been in the AWL since the very beginning. I think American Beetle and I are the only wrestlers still active who were on our very first show on YouTube. I've been AWL Champion, Tag Team Champion, and even Anarchy Champion. Now I find myself without a dance partner on the biggest show we've ever had.

It ain't been a good season for me. For most of my career I've been a tag team wrestler. Then, all of a sudden, I find myself without a tag team partner. I know I haven't had much focus since. Yeah, I coached that Smiles kid to his first win and I'm proud of that. But even after all the tag matches and grudge matches and matches where we each supported other wrestlers, I never got my hands on him in a real final one on one match.

Well, that ain't gonna work for me! I know my EX-partner Curry Man is gonna wrestler for his job in Batsumania, and believe me I am NOT going to get in the way of anything that would get that little idiot fired, but IF he manages to survive I want him one on one. No partners, no managers, no corner men, nothing!


At the last season finale, he left me laying in the middle of the ring after our tag team title match. This season, I want to return the favor. If Curry Man still has a job, I want him...in a Last Man Standing Match!!

No comments:

Post a Comment