Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Next Title Match Announced!

I have a bad feeling about this.  But the AWL Commissioner has announced that the AWL Grand Championship will be defended this Sunday at AWL 215:
MAIN EVENT
Wrestler X (C) vs. Jack Butcher (#1)
AWL Grand Championship Match
3rd Title Defense

We know that if Jack Butcher is defeated, the Skull Head Killer will appear.  Walking into a match with your equal in strength and skill with stakes this high would seem to be madness.  But Jack Butcher is pretty nuts.  Just look at the message he sent in after the match was announced to the staff and AWL Roster:

The greatest hunt of my life.  Gold.  Glory.  Greatness.  But prey comes in many forms.  How many hunters can say they’ve conquered death itself?  I will be immortal! 
--Jack Butcher

At roughly the same time after the announcement of the title match, Ganba reiterated his offer to act as corner man and coach.  There has been no official response as far as I know, but considering how firmly the offer was rejected last time, I doubt anything will change.

I don’t want to say this, but the truth is unconcerned with what I or anyone else wants.  Tune in to AWL 215 for a title change…or a funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment