Saturday, February 24, 2018

12 Promos, No Waiting!


                Today, it’s promo lightning round as ALL 12 wrestlers set to compete in tomorrows Intercontinental Tournament have been given the opportunity to say something before the big day.  We’re going to go in the order the matches will be presented:

DOOMBUNNY vs. Frederic Victor

DOOMBUNNY:
I’m100%healedfromallofmyinjuriesandit’stimeItookmyrightfulplaceasAWLIntercontinentalChampion.  IknowmybuddyHAKAISHAistheGrandChamion,butthat’sthepoint!!  WestartedasaGoldenDuowhenIwasLightHeavyweightChampandhewasHeavyweightChamp.  WhenIbecomeICChampion, we’regoingtoaimfortheTagTeamTitlesandbecomethefirstduotoholdALLthegold!!

Frederic Victor:
                If this were a foot race or a high jump competition, I would lose handily.  I might even place a bet against myself.  But this is a wrestling match.  That foolish rabbit may be fast, and I fully concede that he can jump high than I, but he is no match for my superior wrestling ability.  My only concern is formulating a strategy for the so called “Scramble Match.”

Hifumi Ryuji vs. X-Drone

Hifumi Ryuji (Translated from the original Japanese by the AWL Translation Team):
                In GWM, I was a champion.  In the AWL, I will be a champion again.  All it takes is three seconds.  3 Count, You’re Out!

Dr. Jigoku (Speaking on behalf of the X-Drone):
                An excellent experiment!  For a human, Hifumi Ryuji has an impressive database of techniques.  This will be a prime opportunity to test the limits of my X-Drone’s harddrive.

Tiger the Dark vs. Hasaiki!

Spring Tiger (Speaking on behalf of Tiger the Dark.  Translated from the original Japanese):
                Sometimes all you need is a chance.  Tiger the Dark has been hitting the gym harder than I’ve ever seen him.  He’s free of GWM and this is his first real chance to show what he can do in the singles division.  I’ll be there for the qualifying match, so please join me in supporting Tiger Mask W!! <3

Hasaiki:
                Jipebtjh93th80315nipbqej]pb3jo359-u35pj qpk[t7

Matt Classic Jr. vs. Yamada Jiro

Matt Classic Jr.:
                I’m sick of being treated with kid gloves.  I know I had a concussion, but I have a clean bill of health from the AWL doctors and my doctor at home.  I’m ready to fight and I’m ready to become the first ever 2-time AWL IC Champ.  And this time, I’m taking it all the way to the Grand Championship even if I have to fight one of my own faction mates to get it.

Yamada Jiro (Translated from the original Japanese):
                Of course, they give me another filthy American for the qualifying match.  Bad enough they make me wrestle in that country, I have to fight them here too.  I’m going to beat Matt Classic Jr. so badly, he’ll wish to be deported.
Mr. Smiles vs. Big Foot
Mr. Smiles:
                AWESOME SAUCE!!  I get to be in the IC Tournament.  This is going to be a BLAST!!

Big Foot:
                …..I’m hungry…..Let’s eat steak!

Sammy Nix vs. Lee Masters

Sammy Nix:
                Ya know, Lee and me fight each other all the time.  We spar and train tagetha at the AWL Dojo, we’ve had a couple of matches before, but we’ve never really settled who’s tha betta wrestler.  Tomorrow’s as good a time as any.  Lee, I love ya likea brudda, but when we’re across the ring from each other, it’s on!

Lee Masters:
                This isn’t going to be a sparing match.  This isn’t going to be a friendly tussle.  This is going to be a FIGHT!  For years I’ve watched Sammy take the lime light.  New Year’s Tournament, Grand Champion, and what am I?  The tag team guy.  I’ve been in the AWL since the VERY BEGINNING!  I don’t think anyone on the active roster has been here as long as I have!  And what do I have to show for ME?  Not a team…ME?  NOTHING!  Most years, I’m lucky if I even qualify for the New Year’s Tournament.  And when’s the last time I’ve had a title match?  Season 2?  Season 3?  It’s been so damn long I don’t even remember.
                The only way I’m getting near that Grand Championship is fighting my way through with the IC belt.  If I have to prove I’m the better man on my team to do that?  All the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment