Saturday, February 17, 2018

Comments from Champion and Challenger


(The following statements have been translated from the original Japanese)
                2018 is going to be the year for Shin Jidai.  I promise you right here and now, by the end of this year, we will control the AWL Grand Championship AND World Tag Team Championships.  Beyond that, Dragoness will be your AWL Joshi Champion.
                Speaking of Dragoness, a lot of people have been asking me if I’m annoyed that she took my entrance and wrestles in a very similar style to mine.  Those people are idiots.  She and I had the same trainer, Dragon.  He was my mentor, but her father.  She has as much right to the Dragon Sigil as I do and probably more.  We trained together, and I consider her something of a little sister.  In fact, I’m going to be at ringside for her match at National Pro Wrestling Day and watch her qualify for her championship.
                But that’s not why you’re giving me the blog space, is it?  Two years ago, I made my debut in the New Year’s Tournament and won the AWL Grand Championship a month later at National Pro Wrestling Day.  I should probably say that this year will be more of the same…but that would be a lie, wouldn’t it?
                In 2016, I only had to beat Tanaka Kenichi.  This year, Hakaisha.  They call him the Japanese Destroyer for a reason.  Can I out power him?  Not a chance!  But can I out wrestle him?  We’re going to find out!  I can out run him.  I can out fly him.  I CAN beat him!!
                And Tanaka, if you can read this once they put it in English, just try cashing in that Golden Opportunity of yours and watch history repeat itself.  I dare you! 


                Each challenger presents a different challenge.  Chiba Akagi lives up to his reputation as a master of submissions.  More than once, I thought he had me last week.  Wyvern is an entirely different wrestler.  He’s a showman, all of Shin Jidai are, and he focuses his attacks on setting up his finishing move.  The Shin Jidai Sunrise is a great attack because it disorientates you.  You don’t realize you’re on your back until you hear the referee count.
       But I’m on a mission.  A mission I call “Operation V6.”  Right now, Dr. Jigoku’s puppet Project Tetsu holds the record for most title defenses of any grand championship reign with 5.  I refuse to allow that disrespectful cheater to have any reason to brag.  I will break that record and I don’t care who I must go through to do it.  The AWL Grand Championship must be something we wrestlers can be proud of.  That means that it must be defended…the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment