Saturday, February 10, 2018

Promos from Champion and Challenger

As is AWL custom, we turn over this final blog post before AWL 224 to the Champion and Challenger for the AWL Grand Championship.  Both comments have been translated from the original Japanese by the AWL Translation Team.  First, the challenger:

A lot of people make a big deal about how I beat Project Tetsu to become AWL Grand Champion.  But they never mention that I failed to defend that title even once.  That was nearly one year ago at National Pro Wrestling Day 2017.  Now, a year later, I have the chance to correct that mistake.  To regain the title and go back to America and defend MY championship successfully.

Hakaisha is a great wrestler, but he’s all strength and power.  All I have to do is take him down and start tying him in knots.  If I can do that, he joins me in the zero defenses club.  At the New Year’s Tournament, I proved that I can go the distance.  This weekend, I prove that I don’t need an Iron Man Submission Match to become AWL Grand Champion.

--Chiba Akagi

And now, the AWL Grand Champion:

Chiba Akagi is probably the best submission wrestler in the world today.  But no amount of training can make up for raw power.  Yes, if he catches me in one of his submissions, I’m done for.  But I’m not going to be stupid enough to let that happen.  I’m going to pick him up and throw him all around the AWL Ring, then I’m going to pin his shoulders to the mat for three seconds.  It’s as simple as that.  I was backstage for the New Year’s Tournament, I saw him beat four men with the manji-gatame in one night.  I know how to win this match and I know how to do it the right way! 

--HAKAISHA!


Two wrestlers with completely opposite styles class for the most coveted prize in animated wrestling this weekend at AWL 224: Golden Dreams.  That, ladies and gentlemen, is what professional wrestling is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment