Thursday, January 31, 2019

2 Challenges, 4 Joshi, and a Pizza Place


                Wow!  That was an old reference.  Well, lack of relevant material aside, I have two AWL Wrestlers who have issued challenges for this weekend’s AWL 264.  Please note that there will not be any actual pizza.
                First, the new AWL Grand Champion:
Kid Canada: Two weeks ago, I sent a message to the AWL roster to step up and make their own fate and their own opportunities.  One man did that…and it didn’t exactly work, eh?  He ma have been the first man eliminated from the Contractual Obligation Rumble, but Michael Dunne impressed me with his guts and he deserves a reward.  That’s why I’m challenging “Australian Dynamite” to a match at AWL 264.  He deserves the TV time and a chance to show the world what he has against the Most Canadian Champion in the World, eh?

Next, unfortunately, Frederick Victor:
Frederic Victor: Greetings grapple fans, it is I!  Your British Openweight Champion, a title I acquired during the off season if you were wondering.  You may hold your applause.
                I come before you today because I am intrigued by a new wrestler that has been making waves in the Animated Wrestling League as of late: Shynron.  Now, I will be the first to praise this young lad’s acrobatic skill.  He’s second to none and any circus in the world would be wise to employ him at a significant salary…but that’s not wrestling.
                While the AWL seems to have fallen in love with this sideshow, I am disgusted by his lack of respect for the grappling arts.  He would have lasted a day in the Snake Pit training camps of yester year and he won’t last 2 rounds with me.
                I challenge Shynron to 5 rounds under World of Sport Rules.  Let’s see if this “Spirit Dragon” can get down to earth and actually wrestle.

Finally, the AWL Commissioner has announced a match to determine the #1 contender for Akira Merune and the AWL Joshi Championship at National Pro Wrestling Day.
Jackie M. vs. Joya vs. Athena Jane vs. Resu Pink
Reshuffle Match
                We expect further matches to be announced in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment