Friday, January 18, 2019

NEW CHAMPION!!


                Ladies and gentlemen, there is hope in these dark and troubled times!  The AWL Grand Championship is OUT of the clutches of Dr. Jigoku!  Last weekend at our season opener, the Most Canadian Man in the World cashed in the Golden Opportunity he won more than a season ago at the Clash of Styles Tournament to become the NEW Animated Wrestling League Grand Champion!
                I caught up with the champion backstage just moments after his historic victory:

Ryusensei: Kid!  Champ!  Can I get a few moments of your time?  You’ve just become the 17th AWL Grand Champion, what’s going through your head right now?

Kid Canada: (Panting) Sorry.  Right now?  The main thing in my head right now is how badly I probably need a shower, eh?  Not from beating M-05…twice.  That took less than 5 minutes, eh?  But from how nervous I’ve been all day   It hasn’t really set in yet.  I’M THE FREAKING GRAND CHAMPION, EH?!

Ryusensei: It’s been a long time coming Kid.

Kid Canada: Sorry.  You’re darn right it has.  This is my 12th season in the AWL and I honestly don’t remember the last time I was even in a Fight for 4, let alone a title match.  So, I made my own luck and my own opportunities, eh?

Ryusensei: Take us through tonight.  Was this a spur of the moment decision or something you’ve planned for a while.

Kid Canada: Sorry, but it’s a bit of both.  My original plan was to make a public challenge either at Golden War or the next finale.  But when I saw M-05 walk out of AWL 260 with the belt, I knew I had to act.  So, I’ve been planning this for…about a month, eh?

Ryusensei: Let’s look ahead to the future champ, you’ve got some BIG challenges on the horizon.  H-03, Ganba Hisshi Dark, Matt Classic, to say nothing of the winner of the Contractual Obligation Rumble who will get the same chance to pick their spot as you did.

Kid Canada: Sorry, but I welcome it Ryu.  My opponents may be bigger than me, darker then me, or more experienced than me, but they’ll never be better than me.  Like a great Canadian once said, “I’m the best there is, best there was, and the best there ever will be!”  As for the Contractual Obligation Rumble, I want all 30 of those wrestlers to take a step back.  Realize how rare title opportunities are around here.  This battle royale is a chance for all of them to step up and write their own story.  When the winner is ready to cash in his Golden opportunity, I’ll be there ready and waiting.  Any time, any place, any match, the Most Canadian Man in the world is ready for anything, eh?

Ryusensei: Thank you champ.  I’ll let you get that shower because you’re right.  You kind of need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment