Friday, April 5, 2019

Champions and Challengers


                At Sakuramania Wrestlegenesis, three championships will be decided in the AWL Ring.  As AWL custom dictates, we open the floor to champions and challengers to speak their minds on the eve of combat.  First up, the British Openweight Championship (and we thank the British Wrestling Alliance for once again allowing us to host a title match for one of their championships in the Animated Wrestling League):

Shynron: I didn’t come to the AWL to become a British champion.  I’ve held titles around the world, but winning a UK championship in Tokyo seems like one for the record books.  But what really motivates me in this match is cowardice.  Frederick Victor couldn’t beat me on his own, so he gets his pet blue collar brawler to do his dirty work for him.  Yeah, I’ve seen that before in my life, it’s nothing new.  Jerry, I know how big you are and how big of a challenge this match is going to be.  But giants don’t slay dragons.

Frederick Victor (Speaking for Big Jerry):  My most sincere apologies, but Jerry is in the gym training for this match and simply cannot be disturbed at the moment.  But let me tell you what’s going to happen this weekend.  The British Openweight Championship will come back to The Empire.  Why?  Because we are British, and the championship is our birthright.  We will not allow an…American…to sully the belt one moment longer than necessary.

Next, the Joshi Tag Team Championships:

Queens of Wrestling:
Dragoness: This is fantastic!  A title match on a Supercard like Sakuramania Wrestlegenesis is an important validation for the newest titles in the AWL.  Akira Merune and I congratulate the Purosentai Resurangers on their impressive victory and earning 3 points in one night.  That’s a rare accomplishment in the AWL.  It’s been a long time since AWL 160 and the finals of the Joshi Tag Team Tournament none of us are the women or the wrestlers we were then.  The Queens of Wrestling look forward to seeing how you have grown.

Purosentai Resurangers:
Resu Pink: We are defenders of justice.  This weekend our teammates will seek justice for fallen heroes.  Where as Yellow and I will seek justice for our failure at AWL 160.  Our connection to that which empowers us is stronger than ever and the mistakes of last time won’t be repeated.  We respect you as warriors.  Let’s have a fantastic match!

How nice.  Now for a match that won’t be anywhere near as friendly.  The main event for the AWL Grand Championship.

Sammy Nix: I’m scared ****less of this guy.  I’m man enough to admit it.  This mother****er is actually thinks he’s a demon from Hell!  Maybe he’s for real, maybe it’s all a magic show.  But if there’s one thing I do know, it’s how to win a pro wrestling match.  Wherever it comes from, I know it’s all meant to psych me out and I’m not going to allow that ta happen.  Leave da hocus pocus at home and fight me like a man!!

Neither Ganba Hisshi Dark nor Gisei were available for comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment