Tuesday, February 4, 2020

IC Title News and Rumors CONFIRMED!

Rumors have been circulating for weeks that AWL Intercontinental Champion Hassan has commissioned a NEW IC title belt that will debut in the near future.  Well, this weekend I got personal confirmation from The Arab American Dream himself:

“Yeah, it’s true.  I have no idea who let it slip but yes, I’m having a new belt made.  Our victory over WWE was years ago and it doesn’t make sense to keep carrying around their belt when they don’t even used that design any more.  So, the old AWL (and formerly WWE) IC strap is going on a shelf in my house and the new AWL IC Title will be making it’s debut the next time I walk to the ring to defend it.
I designed the new belt myself and man, it’s the coolest belt anyone’s seen in years!  Trust me.”
--Hassan

                Speaking of the IC title, the AWL Commissioner has announced a #1 Contender’s Match for the IC Championship at next weekend’s AWL 302 event:

Chiba Akagi vs. Erupcion Solar
AWL IC #1 Contender’s Match

                Matchmaking 101 if you ask me.  Both of these wrestlers 
picked up singles victories at the Season 16 premier last weekend, so it’s only fair they be rewarded with an opportunity to fight for a title.

No comments:

Post a Comment