Saturday, October 26, 2013

Happy Saturday everyone! AWL commentator, webmaster, interviewer, and all around minion RyuSensei here. First of all, sorry about the technical glitches known collectively as Real Life that delayed the posting of the first episode of Mid-Week Wrestling. New show, bugs to work out, I hope you understand.

Now for today's interview: AWL Veteran and #1 Contender to the AWL Light Heavyweight Champion Tiger Mask is my guest this week. As always, many thanks to the AWL Translation Staff for making this interview possible.

RyuSensei: Tiger-senshu, thank you for coming today. First of all, you won the 4-Way match at MWW1 and you are now #1 Contender to the AWL Light Heavyweight Championship. What are your thoughts on that match?

Tiger Mask: It was a great match. I think I can speak for all four of the men in that match when I say that we were honored to not only be chosen for the #1 Contender's Match, but to be the first match ever on Mid-Week Wrestling. Azul, Curry Man, and Fire Ant are skilled wrestlers. Any of us could have won the match, I'm just happy it was me. Ever since El Rudo Rojo won the AWL Light Heavyweight Title, I've wanted a chance to fight him and teach him a lesson.

RyuSensei: Yes, speaking of El Rudo Rojo, he has angered many of the AWL Wrestlers with his antics. Specifically, deliberately getting himself disqualified in order to retain his title. I know you are one of the wrestlers upset with this and that you have said so in the locker room. Is there anything you'd like to say about this matter publicly?

Tiger Mask: As you wish. professional wrestlers are first and foremost athletes. Many of us have been training for this since we were teenagers or younger. The first thing that any athlete training in ANY sport learns is the importance of sportsmanship and playing by the rules. When people like Rojo run around the AWL flagrantly flaunting their lack of sportsmanship it not only reflects badly on them, the title, the AWL, and the entire sport of professional wrestling.

This weekend I'm going to show that little punk that being a "Rudo" is nothing to be proud of.

RyuSensei: Moving on to the Tag Team Division. You and Shin Tora currently have zero points and have faced AWL World Tag Team Champions, Crisis Gundan, twice in recent memory and both times you've been . . . pardon the expression . . . slaughtered. In light of these events, do you and Shin Tora have any plans to continue as a tag team?

Tiger Mask: Of course we do! A couple of failures aren't going to stop us. Crisis Gundan are an amazing tag team. They are strong, skilled, and have the hearts of warriors. It's such a shame that they are working for someone like Yarina. Shin Tora and I will continue to train and wrestle together and I'm sure some day we will be AWL World Tag Team Champions.

RyuSensei: Speaking of your partner, Shin Tora is also active in the Light Heavyweight Division. Have you given any thought to the possibility that, should you win the title this weekend, that your friend and partner may be one of your future opponents?

Tiger Mask: No, I haven't. It would be a serious mistake to look past any opponent, especially a cheater like Rojo. But now that you mention it, I don't think it will be a problem. Shin Tora and I have wrestled before and we spar with each other every day. If I am so fortunate as to become AWL Light Heavyweight Champion, then I think I would enjoy defending the title against my friend. But for right now I am focused on defeating El Rudo Rojo this weekend.

RyuSensei: OK, I can certainly understand that. There's one final topic I'd like to discuss with you today and that's Ultramantis Black. UMB claims that the persona of Black Tiger King and the story of his childhood rivalry with you were complete fiction. Were you aware of this deception and what are your thoughts on it?

Tiger Mask: I had no idea Ultramantis Black was Black Tiger King. When I said I didn't remember him from my childhood training, I meant it. Now we know the real reason and it has nothing to do with my memory. As a man who hides his face behind a mask, I have no right to be angry with Ultramantis for keeping his identity a secret. Also, now that we all know why he felt the subterfuge was needed, I can easily find it in my heart to forgive him and to move on. In fact, I'd love the opportunity to face him in the ring some day. Now if you will excuse me, I need to prepare for my match at AWL 74.

RyuSensei: Thank you for your time Tiger Mask. Good luck this weekend. I think it's safe to say that most of the locker room and all the AWL fans are supporting you.

Tiger Mask: I hope so. I, like any athlete, will draw strength and power from my fellow wrestlers and from the people. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to talk to you and to them. Goodbye.


At that point, Tiger Mask returned to the Tiger's Cave to continue his training.

No comments:

Post a Comment