Friday, October 11, 2013

Sitdown Interview with Ma-Ji-Ku

Hello Internet, this is RyuSensei bringing you a very special interview with former AWL Light Heavyweight Champion Ma-Ji-Ku.  Before we begin, many thanks to the AWL Translation Staff for their excellent work providing real time two-way translation for this interview.  Without all of you this company would fall apart at the seams.  Now on with this special sit down interview:

RyuSensei: Good afternoon Ma-Ji-Ku, thank you for agreeing to join me today.  First, as everyone who saw AWL 70 knows, you recently lost the AWL Light Heavyweight Championship to El Rudo Rojo after holding it for nearly two years.  What are your thoughts on your title reign and how it ended?

Ma-Ji-Ku: Thank you for the invitation.  I must admit to some strongly mixed feelings.  I knew all along that I would lose the Light Heavyweight Title some day, that's just the nature of any sport including wrestling.  I'm extremely proud of my time representing the AWL as one of its champions.  I've fought and beaten the best light heavyweight wrestlers from all over the world.  Everyone from Amazing Red, to Tiger Mask, to Curry Man, to El Santo Azul.  Until AWL 70 I was undefeated in my weight class.  I have the longest title reign in modern professional wrestling, not even CM Punk can claim that.

RyuSensei: But . . .

Ma-Ji-Ku: But I'm frustrated at how it all ended.  El Rudo Rojo was having a fantastic match.  I barely avoided some of his attacks and DIDN'T avoid most of them.  Truth be told, Rojo probably could have beaten me in a fair fight.  But no, he felt he HAD to hit me with a low blow.  I don't mind losing, I can even move past losing the title, but what I simply can not abide is the fact that a perfectly able athlete took a shortcut that he didn't need to take!

RyuSensei: Interesting, I expected you to be, well, angrier than this.

Ma-Ji-Ku: Of course I'm angry.  That championship was the crowning accomplishment of my career, everything I've worked for since I was 14 years old.  But anger serves nothing.  Anger doesn't win wrestling matches, skill does.  Wrestling at its best is human chess and I don't see how giving into anger is going to help me now or in the future.

RyuSensei: Wise words.  But speaking of the future, I'm sure you're aware that former champions do not get automatic rematches in the AWL and since you didn't win the Beat the Clock Sprint last weekend, American Beetle is now the #1 Contender to your former title.  Taking that into account, what are your plans for the future?

Ma-Ji-Ku: At the moment, while I would love to get back in the ring with El Rudo Rojo, my plans lie outside the Light Heavyweight Division.  I'm currently the #1 Contender to the AWL World Heavyweight Title and if any accomplishment could possibly top being Light Heavyweight Champion for so long, it would be dethroning Wonder Kid for the top prize in the AWL. This weekend I take the 10 Minute Challenge.  I must but the chaos of my recent past behind me and focus on the task before me.

RyuSensei: I'm sure all the AWL fans are looking forward to you providing a true challenge for Wonder Kid.  But does this mean you are finished with the Light Heavyweight Division?

Ma-Ji-Ku: For the time being, yes.  But I'll be back.  El Rudo Rojo and I have a score to settle and one day I will show him the error of his ways.


RyuSensei: Thank you very much for your time Ma-Ji-Ku.  For the Animated Wrestling League, this is RyuSensei.  See you this weekend for AWL 72.

No comments:

Post a Comment