Sunday, November 29, 2015

Less than 24 hours to go!

OK folks, time to be honest. My real life has been crazy the last week or so. First of all, even though we do not celebrate Thanksgiving in Japan, I still had to deal with some unusual scheduling this week/weekend that severely reduced the amount of time I had to work on the show. HOWEVER, I have a loophole! The show will still be broadcast on November 29th, but American time rather than Japan time. (Yeah, copout, I know.) In the meantime, we have some final comments from the champion AND champion in the Title Unification Match tomorrow!

Capt. AWL (Editors note: You have NO idea how hard it was to pin this guy down) (Translated from Japanese):
FINE! You want a statement I'll give you a &%#ing statement! I have taken a long path to this day. I am a champion. I will be Grand Champion. And when I win this match, the truth will be revealed. When I am Grand Champion, you will get ALL the answers you have been looking for. I am the Past and the Future. I AM the AWL!

Dragon:
All season has come down to this match. 8 seasons have come down to this match. My entire career has come down to this match. But it's not about me. It's about the AWL. For the entire history of this company, we've never had one single undisputed champion. Weight divisions make sences in some sports, but not professional wrestling. The freestyle nature of pro wrestling means that on any given night, any wrestler can defeat any other wrestler. Even the biggest man can be taken down with a simple joint lock or submission hold. The strongest man can be knocked out with a well placed punch. The best technical wrestler can be surprised by an aerial move he's never seen before. When two men step into that 20 by 20 foot ring, anything can happen.

Captain." From day one, you have had ZERO respect for anyone in this locker room and even less for the AWL and the fans. You haven't even had the common courtesy to speak to any of us face to face. I've never known a masked wrestler to do that. I've seen the faces of everyone from Matt Classic Sr. to Mr. Smiles. But you're just so special that you can't be bothered with the rest of us. That you're above locker room etiquette. That you're above respect.


You say you'll "reveal the truth" when you win? Well guess what, that's not going to happen. But as a consolation prize, when I beat you, I'm going to rip that mask off of your face and show the whole world what's so damn interesting about who you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment