Saturday, November 28, 2015

More promos!

At AWL 160 we will crown a new champion. But will it be an Intercontinental Champion or a Zenkoku Champion?

Hassan:
It's a difficult time for everybody. World events have brought out the best and the worst in people. You all know my story. You know that before I came to Japan, America was the only home I have ever known. But to some people, the color of my skin and the name on my driver's license is all they need to mark me as "Other" and "Enemy." My family was never very religious, we call ourselves Muslim because that is our culture and history. But other than a few lessons as a child and the occasional holiday, I never really practiced anything. My parents wanted me to be 100% American and, as far as I knew, I was. I guess I'm like a lot of 1st and 2nd generation Americans that way.

But all that changed after 9-11. All of a sudden I was the enemy. I was a terrorist. I was a killer. Many of my neighbors cowered and hid from the angry Americans, afraid that we were going to be snatched away in the middle of the night to some prison island somewhere. People changed their clothing, their habits, even their names to avoid suspicion. I don't blame them, they made the right decision for them.

But I made a different decision. I wear what I wear to the ring not our of religious obligation, but because I want everyone to know who I am, where I'm from, and what I stand for. I am Iraqi. I am American. I am Japanese. I am intercontinental. And in this time where old stories are being told all over again, I will be what this world needs: The Intercontinental Champion.

American Beetle:
I had a rousing speech prepared in the finest tradition of American oration. But no. After reading what Hassan wrote...He deserves to be champion. He is what AMERICA is! The international nation!! The land of immigrants and opportunity!!! The land of the free and the home of the brave!!!! America will not bow to fear. America will not give into those who wish to destroy us, at home or abroad.

But with that said. I am an American. That means I fight for what's right. At AWL 160 I will do the right thing and give Hassan and Yamada Jiro the best fight I've got. If Hassan want's to be Intercontinental Champion, he has to earn it.

Yamada Jiro (Translated from Japanese):
What a load of garbage! The Americans whine and complain about being attacked and being victims? WE are the victims. Have the American's forgotten what they did to us? The millions of men, women, and children they killed in the war? Do they spare one thought for the atomic bomb survivors who have to live with pain and illness every day of their lives? Of course not! Because they are nothing but murdering savages. You reap what you sow. America has given the world nothing but war and death, now they and their allies recieve war and death in return. Japan has given the world peace and honor over the last 70 years and we have reaped the benefits.

Now I'm not condoning the actions of the dishonorable cowards who attacked the nation of Paris. Suicide is a means of regaining lost honor, not a battlefield tactic. Nobunaga would never have done such a thing! But the Americans are now getting just a taste of what they gave us. It is justice. And it will be justice when their filth is washed away from the AWL and I rise as the Zenkoku Champion.

(Please note that the opinions expressed in this blog belong to the wrestlers only and do not necessarily reflect the stance of the Animated Wrestling League or it's employees.)

In other unpleasantness, at AWL 160 yet another wrestler will fall to Batsumania. The 4 tributes have been assembled and here now their final words before they step foot into the ring possibly for the last time.

El Santo Azul (Translated from Spanish):
When my brother and I came to Japan and the AWL this was supposed to be a 6 month training journey. Nearly 4 years later and this is country has become as much a home to me as Mexico. Unfortunately, I have to have a job in order to keep my visa. Make no mistake, if I lose this match I have to leave Japan. I have everything to lose...that means I have nothing to lose!

Jon Shina:
In 48 hours, they'll say that 4 men will step into the ring. Oh nuh uh! Those other 3 men are all...wait for it...poopyheads!!! They don't have Hustle, Loyalty, or Respect!

At AWL 160 you will ALL finally SEE that the CHAMP! IS! HERE!

DOOMBUNNY:
WellIhavetoadmitIdidn'texpecttobehere. Ithoughtmywinlossrecordwasbetterthanthis. Butthat'sthewaythecarrotcakecrumbles. ThisSundayallIhavetodoispinonemantokeepmyjob. Thatdoesn'tsoundtoohard. ThennextseasonIthinkit'stimeforHAKAISHA!andmetogetbackontheroadtobeingtheGoldenDuo,afterallthere'sgoingtobeanewchampionshipafterAWL160,noreasonIcan'tbethesecondmantoholdit. Onwardandupward!

E.N. Hance:

<No message received>

No comments:

Post a Comment