Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Let the season begin!

And we're off! Season 9 of the Animated Wrestling League has officially begun! But first, a big thank you to all the pro wrestling fans out there who donated to this year's National Pro Wrestling Day charity drive. Chikara set a $2400 goal and SMASHED through it. We're leaving the links up and as of this writing you can still donate to the very worthy cause known as The Polaris Project.

Now, for AWL 161, we will be back in Japan at the AWL Arena this Sunday (local time) for the first regular season episode of the AWL. Already we have a main event championship match scheduled:
Bullet Club (C) vs. The All Americans (3)
AWL World Tag Team Title Match
5th Title Defense
With Karl Anderson on his way to WWE, we need a pair of heroes to get the belts off of Bullet Club and prevent the lineage of the championship from being broken.

As a special bonus today, I caught up with the NEW AWL Grand Champion, Wyvern mere moments after his shocking title victory. He was celebrating with his mentor, Dragon. Here now, the transcript of that conversation:
RyuSensei: Wyvern, first of all, congratulations on your victory. What's going through your head right now?

Wyvern: I...I can't believe it! I honestly didn't expect to win that match. Tanaka Kenichi has a lot more experience than I do and I thought he was going to kick my ass. But I learned something tonight. No, I learned two things. First, dreams really can come true so never let anyone tell you that you can't do something. Second, Tanaka Kenichi. You ended my teacher's career and tonight I learned it was a lucky shot. You are all talk and no walk. This is the start of a new era in the AWL. I don't know how long I'm going to have this title, but I promise each and every one of you that I will leave everything I have and everything I am in that ring when I defend the title. Bad Luck Fale...Bring it on!

RyuSensei: Thank you again Wyvern. Dragon, any thoughts on tonight?

Dragon: I'll be honest Ryu, I have some real mixed feelings. Tonight was my first event as a...retired wrestler. As much as I wanted to be the one wearing that beautiful Grand Championship Belt, what I'm feeling right now? Pride. This kid has all the natural talent in the world and he is just getting started! He's right. My era is over. It's time for the Rise of the Wyvern!!

RyuSensei: Thank you gentlemen, I'll leave you to your celebration.

Strong words from the new AWL Grand Champion and his mentor. There's no way of knowing how long this dream will last, but you can bet that Wyvern is due for a long career in the Animated Wrestling League.


More matches for AWL 161 are sure to be announced in the coming days so stay tuned to the Animated Wrestling League.

No comments:

Post a Comment