Thursday, March 10, 2016

AWL 165 Main Event Announced!

OK, I'm willing to chalk this up to "Things I should probably have seen coming." That phone call to the NJPW offices that I mentioned yesterday was directly connected to Hassan's next IC title defense. New Japan takes it's championships very seriously (something we here in the AWL applaud them for doing) and any matches involving one of their champions must be cleared but both New Japan and the International Wrestling Grand Prix. Fortunately, that has happened:
AWL 165
Main Event
Hassan (C) vs. Kenny Omega
AWL Intercontinental Championship Match
3rd Title Defense
Interpromotional Match
AWL vs. NJPW
An interesting note here: My sources tell me that, while New Japan is often VERY protective of their champions, that is not the case here. Promotional pride side, the management of NJPW are as sick of Bullet Club as we are and have no problem with our foreigner teaching their foreigner a lesson.

With that the full card is set. Stay tuned over the next couple of days as I'll try to get some comments from the major players going into this Sunday and AWL 165.


No comments:

Post a Comment