Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The What Hammer?

As you know, last Sunday the AWL Grand Champion defeated Bad Luck Fale using one of the most dangerous moves in professional wrestling, the Burning Hammer. Invented by Kenta Kobashi, the Burning Hammer was used a mere 7 times in his decades long career, always winning the match. It has the very real potential to cripple or kill an opponent. Luckily, Wyvern executed the move perfectly on Sunday. I was able to catch up with the Grand Champion after the match and asked him why he would uses such a powerful and frequently forbidden technique:

Wyvern: Ryu, that wasn't the Burning Hammer. I was chosen to take up this mask to avenge my sensei. I want justice! Justice against the lying dogs that forced Dragon-sensei to retire and against the outsiders Bullet Club who think they can just walk in to the AWL and capture all of our championships. In Japanese, justice is "seigi", 正義. That was the Seigi no Hammer! 正義のハンマー! It is NOT a weapon I use lightly, but I will not hesitate to use it in defense of the Animated Wrestling League.

The first matches for AWL 164 will be announced tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment