Tuesday, May 10, 2016

First promo from the new champion.

Greetings wrestling fans! Hope you all had a great Golden Week and that you enjoyed our big trip to Kyoto for Golden War 2016. Well, it doesn't matter how good your Golden Week was, it wasn't as good as the NEW AWL Grand Champion's! Hassan fulfilled a year long quest and a life long dream in one night when he became the first man to defeat Wyvern in the AWL Ring.

After the Golden War, some of the AWL Wrestlers went straight home, others stayed for a couple of days in Kyoto to do some sightseeing. Hassan was one of the second group and I caught up with him outside Kinkakuji (The golden temple). He was still wearing his new AWL Grand Championship.

Ryu Sensei: Congratulations champ! I have to ask, now that you've had a few days to process your new status as AWL Grand Champion, what's going through your mind?

Hassan: Right now? Mainly that my I hurt a lot. Wyvern gave me one hell of a fight. But in the end, experience beat raw talent. Wyvern will be Grand Champion again some day, I'm certain about it. But now? For right now, the Arab American Dream is the TOP DOG in the Animated Wrestling League! All the pain, all the sacrifice, all the training, all of it was worth it because THIS (at this point he gestured to the championship belt) means I am the best wrestler in the world and I wouldn't trade this fifteen pounds of gold for every ounce in that building over there.

Ryu Sensei: At the moment, Wonder Kid is the next scheduled challenger for your title. Are you going to be ready to fight the Man Muscle Mountain?

Hassan: Wonder Kid's mouth is bigger that his muscles, and neither can hold a candle to his ego! Yes, he's going to be a challenge. But I just beat the unbeaten. Some say I just beat the unbeatable. Wonder Kid is big, but he's still human. I know he can be beaten, so I know I can beat him. Besides, who says he's even going to be #1 contender by the next title match? That's what I love about the AWL. You have to earn everything you get. And rest assured, I will continue to earn this title as long as I can.


With that I let him get back to his sightseeing. I tried to track down HAKAISHA! and the Doombunny to get their reactions to becoming the new AWL World's Tag Team Champions, but unfortunately I was unable to find them (Kyoto is a sea of people at the best of times, and Golden Week is one of the busy seasons). Please accept my apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment