Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Last of the promos.

I'm back folks and I have the interviews and promos you've been waiting for. Yesterday was the undercard, today it's the main eventers:

Destroyers of DOOM!:
HAKAISHA! (Translated from Japanese):
It's good to be back! Yes, I'm currently #2 in the AWL Best 4, but things haven't been the same without my best friend. Now we are back and after sweeping the Tag Gauntlet, we are coming for the AWL World Tag Team Titles!

We have nothing but respect for The New Classics, that respect means that we will not hold back in our match tomorrow. We will do things the Right Way.

DOOMBUNNY:
Dangrightbigguy! It'sGREATtobebactintheAWL. I'vebeenawayforawhile. HadsomeinjuriesIhadtolethealup. ButnownownowwearebackandreadytobecomeTheGoldenDuoyetagain! WearetheDestroyersofDoom! What,youthinkthat'sastupidname?? We'llseehowstupidyouthinkitiswhenyou'relookingupatthelights!

The New Classics:
Sammy Nix: It looks like it's respect all around. We ain't got no problem with the big guy and the rabbit. But make no mistake. After everything we went through to finally stop Bullet Club and win these tag team titles, there ain't no way in hell we're giving them up without a fight. So bring it on boys!

Now for the Steel Cage Match between Project Tetsu and Jack Butcher. While Jack Butcher was unavailable for comment, Project Tetsu's creator Dr. Jigoku was more than happy to speak to us.

Dr. Jigoku:
I don't like to admit it, but I was wrong. Yes. While I've proven myself to be the SUPERIOR genius of the AWL, even lesser men can have flashes of insight that merit my attention. And the AWL Commissioner had such a moment of clarity when he made this Steel Cage Match. While would have been happy if he had just fired that savage throwback, this is even better! Now my iron project will finally get its hands on that primitive lump of mindless muscle and prove once and for all that he is...superior!

Wyvern (Translated from Japanese):
Tanaka Kenichi. Bad Luck Fale. Wolf. Project Tetsu. All men that I defeated to win or keep the AWL Grand Championship. Hassan, what do you think makes you different? You aren't bigger than Fale. You aren't stronger than Tetsu. You aren't more devious that Tanaka Kenichi. And you sure aren't crazier that Wolf.

But I know what you think makes you different. Power and heart. Power because you made this match. You took my manager away from me and you are going to make me beat you twice. Do you think you can outlast me or something? Well I'm afraid your wrong about that. You've wasted your power.

Now heart? Yes. You have great heart, great fighting spirit. I respect you for that and I have no doubt that you will be my greatest challenge yet. But don't ever underestimate MY heart. I have dreamt of nothing but being a pro wrestling champion since I was a child. When I came to this company I was given the task of carrying on the legacy of the single greatest wrestler the AWL has ever seen. Do you have any idea how hard that is? The pressure? The expectations? And you think 2 out of 3 falls scares me? You are out of your mind!

Tomorrow, we will fight. Tomorrow I will do what I've always done since I came here...Win!
Hassan:
One year. I've been talking about it ever since I won my 5th title defense and earned this match. The biggest and weirdest year of my life. I went from accepting an open challenge while injured to being the WWE Intercontinental Champion. From there to AWL IC Champion. And then 5 of the toughest beatings of my life. I closed the book on Yamada Jiro. I got my ass kicked by Sammy Nix. And got thrown all over the ring by both of the Los Neko Grande. And all of it is about one thing, not power, not heart, legitimacy.

I've been considered illegitimate my whole life. As a kid I was the weird foreigner. After 9/11 I was the terrorist. When I started wrestling, I was the guy who could only ever be the Iron Sheik ripoff. When I came to Japan, I was just another gaijin.


For the last year I've been on this journey to legitimacy. Yes, for the AWL Intercontinental Title, but more for myself. I am a champion. I AM good enough! I am not defined by my skin, my nationality, or my religion. I am Hassan. I am a professional wrestler. I am a champion! I will be the 3rd AWL Grand Champion...tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment