Sunday, September 4, 2016

Tag Team Interviews

In less than 24 hours, the AWL World Tag Team Championships will be defended. Yesterday, I sat down to talk with both the champions and challengers. First and foremost, I spoke to the AWL All Stars:

RyuSensei: Gentlemen, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to speak to me today. First of all, the question on everyone's lips is you Luke. You are currently scheduled to compete twice at AWL 184. Once in the Clash of Styles and of course your tag team title match. The AWL Commissioner alleges that you agreed to this. Is that true? And, if so, are you out of your mind?

Luke James: Yes on both counts. I did agree to both matches. And you have to be a bit nuts to step into a professional wrestling ring in the first place. The Clash of Styles and the Golden Opportunity at the end (to say nothing of the cash) is too big an opportunity to pass up. As for the title match, I've been a tag team champion before and I know what it takes to be a successful tag team. It takes a great partner. And that's what I have in the true master of the Tiger Style! With Tiger Mask II at my side, I'm not worried in the slightest.

RyuSensei: OK, good luck. Now, Tiger Mask, last week you lost your CoS qualifier to the man calling himself Black Tiger III. What are your thoughts on this and do you have any clue who this guy is?

(Pause for AWL Translation Team translator to put that into Japanese and to put the response into English)

Tiger Mask II: It is very disappointing. Not representing the Tiger Style in the Clash of Styles Tournament is a disgrace. However, I hope to do my style and the Tiger's Cave Dojo proud by representing them as one half of the AWL World's Tag Team Champions. I will try my best to do this.

As for Black Tiger III, I have an idea who he is, but I don't want to discuss that at this time.

RyuSensei: Are you sure? Inquireing minds want to know.

Tiger Mask II: Yes, I am sure. I will deal with Black Tiger. But right now, all my efforts are focused on becoming tag team champion.

RyuSensei: Well, best of luck gentlemen. Thank you again for your time.

Later that same day, I sat down with the Destroyers of DOOM. Once again, many thanks to the AWL Translation Team for their assistance.

RyuSensei: Thank you for you time gentlemen. As you know, this will be your fourth defense of the AWL World's Tag Team Championships which you've held since Golden War. Considering the level of competition in the AWL Tag Team Division, that's quite an accomplishment. Do you have any thoughts on your title reign thus far?

HAKAISHA!: I'm disappointed in the number of challengers we've had. More than a month into Season 10 and this is the first time we've needed to defend our titles. The 3-Point System is very much a double edged sword. The good part is that we know we will only face worthy challengers. The bad part is that it can take a long time for anyone to build up 3 points. Fortunately, the Tag Matsuri is coming up in just a few weeks. That should allow several teams to build up some points and make the division more competitive.

RyuSensei: You seem to be assuming you'll still be champions by the Tag Matsuri-*

Doombunny: Nonono! Weare'ntassumingthatatall. LukeJameshasbeenintheAWLlongerthaneitherofus. SameforTigerMask. Butthefactofthematteristhis, wearen'tfightingtheAWLAllStars. We'refighting1.5ofthem! Jameshasbittenoffmorethanhecanchew! It'sstillgoingtobeatoughtfight. We'regoingtohavetogiveiteverythingwehave, butwe'regoingtowinbecausewewillbeat100%andtheywon't. Fact!

RyuSensei: OK, while I try to make heads or tails of that, I'm going to let you two get back to your training. Thank you very much and have a nice day.


AWL 184 will be available righte here on this blog later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment