Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Representatives Speak!

Once again, we find ourselves with an embarrassment of riches in the promo department. All four representatives set to have their first match in the AWL Clash of Styles Tournament have submitted comment to you, the wrestling fan public. Additionally, we have comments from Ganba of team AWL and Dr. Jigoku of the Augments.

All of these comments have been translated from the original Japanese. Many thanks as always to the AWL Translation Team for their services.

HAKAISHA!:
Powerhouse? That's what Yarina said she would make me. A powerhouse in professional wrestling. Technically, I guess she was right. But everyone knows how that story turned out. Now I have the chance to reclaim that word and make "powerhouse" mean something other than "unskilled bully" in the wrestling world. I look forward with great anticipation to this chance. What would I do with a Golden Opportunity? Simple, I would try to take back what I lost. During Seasons 7 and 8 I defended the AWL World's Heavyweight Championship 13 times. Yes, that was a record, but I failed to become the first AWL Grand Champion. If I win this tournament, I'm making up for that failure. Heh, that's all I ever seem to do, isn't it? Make up for my own failures. Well, if that is the karmic penalty I must pay. I will pay it the right way.

Black Tiger III:
I have nothing to say to you. Golden Opportunity? That's simple. I take what is rightfully mine. The honor of Tiger Mask II!! A Golden Opportunity grants unlimited power. I will force him to fight me...with his mask on the line!

Tanaka Kenichi:
You am stupid! This Tanaka Kenichi money want. Golden Opportunity ha nothing! F*** you!! I am cool you am f***!!

Yamada Jiro:
This is not about money. This is not about a Golden Opportunity. This is about pride. Japanese pride! The pride of the few men left in this once great nation. The Strong Style is OUR invention. And why Japanese wrestlers are the greatest in the world. Even now, two of our people have taken over the only part of WWE worth watching any more, NXT and it took both of them less than a year to do it.
Now the AWL has begun this tournament to crown the greatest style of professional wrestling in the world today. You may as well hand me the prizes now. For I am the Representative of Strong Style and that means I've already won.

Now we move on to our 4 part series pitting some of the best of the AWL against their counter parts in the Augments. Team AWL has elected Ganba to speak for them and the evil Dr. Jigoku has naturally appointed himself to speak for the Augments.

Ganba:
Now that I am the AWL Grand Champion, I am once again the face of the Animated Wrestling League. That means it is my duty to protect the AWL from the forces that would see this company destroyed. Right now, the biggest threat to the AWL is The Augments. Dr. Jigoku has no respect for professional wrestling or the years of hard work and training each and every wrestler in this company has put in to honing their craft. He just wants to prove how smart he is. Well, he isn't. Because he doesn't realize that champions are not made in a laboratory. They're made in the gym, on the road, and in the ring. There are no short cuts.
But I will give Jigoku credit. He picked some great men to copy. The best luchador in the business, the future of the sport, and one half of the AWL World Tag Team Champions. Thank's for assembling me a great team doctor. This Sunday, we beat your tin soldiers together, then I line them up and knock them down defending the AWL Grand Championship.
So bring your worst doctor. Just know that every last member of the AWL Roster will ALWAYS do our best!

Dr. Jikoku:
Huh? Oh, I don't care about your little matches. In fact, I won't even BE at AWL 186. No, no, no, far too busy. Too much work to do on the next phase. Yes, couldn't possibly make it. My Augments will do the job and finish off those...inferior...wrestlers. Yes, yes, quite sure of that. Now get out! You are in my way!!


And with that, all that remains is the fighting. Tune in tomorrow for AWL 186 and come back next Thursday for AWL Super Card—Tag Matsuri 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment