Saturday, July 15, 2017

Final Promos...but for how long?

For what may be the final time, I turn this final blog post before the AWL Season 11 Finale over to the champion and challenger in this weekend’s all important AWL Grand Championship Match.  First, the challenger:

I wanted to fight Wrestler X.  I wanted a challenge.  Now I’m reduced to wrestling a ridiculous cowboy.  I guess I will have to be satisfied with ending the Animated Wrestling League and bringing GWM one step closer to ruling the wrestling world.
--Tiger the Great III

The world on my shoulders.  The world on my shoulders.  The world on my shoulders.  That’s all I’ve been hearing all week.  From the lockerroom to the fans, to my own family!  Even the AWL Commissioner called me into his office to “Make sure I understood the situation.”
                Well I do!  I know that if I blow it in this match we lose the Grand Championship for good and we’re off the air.  Meaning that all the boys are out of work.  I know.  I also know that I’m not the best fighter in the AWL.  I know my win-loss record.  I know that just last week that big white tiger made me tap out in the middle of the ring.  No excuses, he beat me.
                But I know something else.  I know that I AM THE AWL GRAND FREAKING CHAMPION!!  I know that I’m the man with the belt and right now that makes me the BEST WRESTLER IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD!!!  Is Tiger the Great the Whatever gonna kick my ass?  Yeah!  He’s going to beat seven circles of hell out of me.  But is he going to defeat me?  Is he going to take my title?

                Hell no!  Tiger, I’ll see you on Sunday.  Everyone else, I’ll see you in Season 12.
--"Peacemaker" Luke James

No comments:

Post a Comment