Friday, July 7, 2017

Interview with Frederick Victor

With the Tag Team Gauntlet Match less than 48 hours away, I managed to get on Skype with Frederick Victor of The Empire from his town house in London.  Big Jerry’s flat apparently isn’t set up for high speed internet…somehow.

RyuSensei: Champ, thank you for agreeing to talk to me today.

Frederick Victor: No bother at all my good man.  I assume you wanted to discuss our upcoming championship bout?

R.S.: Yes, sir.  As you know, the challengers for your titles will be determined this weekend in a Tag Team Gauntlet Match, do you have any preferences for a winner?

F.V.: Not as such.  Sadly, the tag team division in the AWL is…rather lackluster at the moment.  I feel we can defeat any team currently on the roster.  However, I encourage all of the teams to give it a jolly good try and earn the privilege of fighting myself and my associate.

R.S.: OK, any teams you would like to see lose?

F.V.: Interesting question.  Of course, as a loyal member of the AWL Roster, I do not wish to see GWM have any more chances to win our championships.  Additionally, I think we’re all just about finished with those little fellows from Mexico.  League Cosmic?  I think that’s what they’re called.  They’ve had their chances.  Time to make way for new blood.

R.S.: We’ll see what happens on Sunday.  While I have you here, I have a couple questions about you and Big Jerry.  First of all, how did you too meet?

F.V.: I placed an advertisement in the papers looking to hire a professional wrestler, he was the most qualified candidate who replied.  Simple business transaction you know.  I believe he was working some…municipal job.  Rubbish collecting, road works, something of that sort.  I offered him the chance to elevate himself and he’s taken advantage of it rather well I’d say.

R.S.: There has been a great deal of criticism of your team over the past year.  Accusations that you “make Jerry do all the work” in your matches.  How would you answer these charges?

F.V.: Absurd!  I suppose it’s not horribly surprising that people who know nothing about the fine art of professional wresting wouldn’t recognize basic strategy when they see it.  You see, ours is a partnership of unequals.  Jerry is my superior in terms of physical power and size, whereas I am his superior in skill and mental prowess.  He does the damage by breaking down our opponents and I finish them off with superior technical wrestling.  A simple strategy, I admit.  But it works splendidly.


R.S.: I doubt that will convince anybody, but that’s all the time we have for today.  Thank you, Frederick Victor, and I’m sure you’ll be watching along with the rest of us on Sunday at AWL 219 as we determine the tag team #1 Contenders in the Tag Team Gauntlet Match. 

No comments:

Post a Comment