Sunday, June 17, 2018

Final Promos' Champions and Challengers


With 4 title matches on tomorrow’s card, it didn7t seem right to offer the final posting before the big show to one set of champion and challenger.  So, here are all the men and women set to defend their championships at AWL 240, and the opponents who try to take those championships away from them.  All comments have been translated as needed by the AWL Translation Team.

Grand Championship:

Hakaisha:
                I hate wrestling giants.  When I wrestle a giant, my entire game plan must change.  I’m not a technical wrestler, I’m certainly not a high flyer, and I’ve never had the stomach for hardcore.  I throw people around and hit them until they stay down.  That is SO much more difficult with someone bigger than me.
                Big Foot is the only wrestler in the AWL bigger than Project Tetsu.  The fact that I beat Tetsu twice means nothing.  If I want to complete the V6 Project, I will need to dig deeper than I ever have before in my life.  I can do it, but I’m going to hurt like hell tomorrow.

Big Foot:
                I’m hungry.  After the match, I’m gonna eat steak!

Joshi Championship:

Akira Merune:
                Some say the belt makes the champion, but I say the champion makes the belt.  Becoming the first AWL Joshi Champion was an amazing experience that validated my decision to become a professional wrestler in the first place.  But now I have a great responsibility on my shoulders.  I have to prove to the world that the AWL Joshi Championship is the most prestigious women’s title in the world.  That means I HAVE to have a long title reign against the best wrestlers in the world.  That way, whoever beats me for this title some day will have won something worth winning.
                Usa-chan, I can’t imagine what’s going through your mind right now.  But it doesn’t matter.  One title defense is nowhere near enough for this championship.  So, I have no choice but to make you tap out.

Usa-chan:
                I hate this.  I should be the defending champion.  I should be the one making all the publicity appearances, getting all the speaking gigs, and making all the money.  But NOOOOOOO!  I had to be little miss fancy and go for the big top rope tackle into the ladder.
                At AWL 240 I get to fix that mistake.  I get to silence all 234 of my cousins who have been mocking me endlessly since Golden War.  I am not a joke!  I am a champion!  Now, I get to prove it!!

Tag Team Championship:

Tiger Mask W:
                Spring Tiger: The reunification of the Tiger School is proceeding perfectly.  The current incarnations of the Golden Tiger and Black Tiger Schools have come together as tag team champions.  Now, another pair of challengers have appeared before them.
                We are happy T49P have earned 3 points.  Beating them a second time will go a long way toward proving that the Unified Tiger School has a real future.  So, Hassan, Kid Canada, we welcome the challenge!

T49P:
                Hassan: 3 points in 2 months!  3!  Points!  In!  2!  Months!!  That just doesn’t happen in the AWL, but we did it.  That should tell you just how determined we are to get back our tag team titles.  We got screwed over by the whole GWM disaster.  We barely got to defend those belts like a proper championship team.
                Everything is on our side and we’re coming across the boarder for that AWL World Tag Team Titles!

Intercontinental Championship:

Doombunny:
                I’lladmitit.  YoubeatmeinthatWorldofSportRulesMatch.  ButI’vebeeninthevideovaulteversincewatchingeveryWoSmatchinhistory.  I’vegotyoufiguredoutandatAWL240it’llbe3downand2togo!

Fredrick Victor:
                A common hare thinks he can best me in the pugilistic arts?  We all know that to be a farce.  I have beaten him once, I can do it again.  I doubt it’ll take me all 5 rounds to end this façade and become the new AWL Intercontinental Champion.
                Once I’m the champion, ALL IC Title Matches will be conducted under a civilized system of competition.

For the full card for AWL 240: Season 12 Finale: Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment