Friday, February 8, 2019

Joshi Promos


                3 titles will be defended at National Pro Wrestling Day from the Wrestle Factory.  Among them, the AWL Joshi Championship will be defended for the first time this season.  We got some words from the champion and challenger for the big red belt.

Joya (Translated from the original Spanish by the AWL Translation Team):
                Mistress of 1000 holds.  Undefeated.  Double Champion.  These names and titles each tell me something about you Akira Merune.  Mistress of 1000 holds?  You focus too much on grappling and submission wrestling.  Undefeated?  You don’t know how to handle defeat, it scares you.  Double Champion?  Your attention is divided.
                National Pro Wrestling Day is about celebrating our sport.  What makes wrestling great to me is the fact that it has never been about one thing.  It’s not just technical skill, strength and power, high flying, or hardcore garbage.  Any wrestler who only focuses on one of these areas is doomed to lose eventually.
                That’s where I come in.  So many people around the world think that Lucha Libre is just high flying acrobatics.  That couldn’t be further from the truth.  This weekend at the Wrestle Factory, I will show you MY lucha and I will walk out as the NEW AWL Joshi Champion!

Akira Merune (Translated from the original Japanese by the AWL Translation Team):
                I’ve beaten he best this division has to offer.  You think I’m a one trick pony?  Seriously?  Yes, I prefer to tap my opponents out, but if you think all I have are submissions, you are sorely mistaken.  At National Pro Wrestling Day, you’re going back to wrestling school and class will be in session.
                National Pro Wrestling Day will be a home coming for me.  I started my wrestling training at the Wrestle Factory before transferring to the AWL Dojo to be closer to my family.  There is no WAY I’m losing either of my titles in the Wrestle Factory.  Joya, your time is up!  Just give up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment