Saturday, February 2, 2019

Promos before AWL 264


                This weekend looks to be significant as we make our way proudly to National Pro Wrestling Day 2019.  Before the first bell rings, let’s here from some of the key players in this week’s card:

Erupcion Solar (Translated from the original Spanish):  Sammy Nix is one of the best technical wrestlers in the AWL…ever.  In fact, all he needs in my intercontinental title and he’ll be a grand slam champion.  But I’ve got a goal as well.  We all know that “tag team guys” rarely get singles title shots in most wrestling promotions. This intercontinental title gives me the chance to do exactly what Kid Canada was talking about a couple weeks ago: Write my own story!

Sammy Nix:  Yo, I got nothin against this Solar guy.  He and his gold buddy were a heckofa tag team.  Now his partna’s down wit’ an injury so he’s makin a go a things himself.  Respect man, mad respect.  But you’re gonna havta find anotha route to tha Grand Championship ‘cause the road less traveled, is mine ta conquer!

Unusually, we end this post with a message from someone who’s not involved in this weekend’s title match, but is intimately involved in the title picture nonetheless:

Resu Red (Translated from the original Japanese):  I am no coward.  I will not hide this Golden Opportunity and attack the champion from behind like an assassin.  The Purosentai Resurangers are here in the AWL to fight the forces of evil and that is what this Golden Opportunity will be used for.  Kid Canada, you have nothing to fear from me or my teammates.  I give you my word that I will not cash in against you.
                However, if any of Dr. Jigoku’s monsters get their hands on the AWL Grand Championship again, then they will find that the Animated Wrestling League is protected!

No comments:

Post a Comment