Saturday, February 9, 2019

Words from the main event

                In this final post before National Pro Wrestling Day, we take a look at the main event which has the potential to be the best scientific wrestling match we’ve seen in the Animated Wrestling League for quite some time.  Here now the challenger and champion.

Matt Classic Sr. (Transcribed from a hand written letter delivered to AWL HQ):
                Kid, you’re good.  One of the best I’ve ever seen.  If the AWL had had a 6-man tag division back in the day, I’d have recruited you for The Technicos in a heartbeat.  If either Sammy or Lee had been injured, you’d be the first I’d call to fill in.  You’re a great wrestler and a worthy champion.  But now, you’re in my way.
                This match isn’t about you, or me, or even the AWL Grand Championship.  It’s all about who’s behind me.  Ganba Hisshi Dark has the next title shot.  I intend to make sure that if he wants the AWL Grand Championship, he’s going to have to go through ME to get it!  He ended my boy’s AWL Career and I intend to make sure I end his.  But that coward is too scared to fight me again.  He thinks that just because he got lucky last time, things are settled between us.  No SIR!
                Kid, the only way I can do what I need to do is take that title from you this weekend at National Pro Wrestling Day.  Nothing personal, just business.

Kid Canada:
                I’m sorry, nothing personal?  Nothing personal!  Matt, it’s never anything BUT personal with you.  Ganba hurt your son.  You want to hurt him back.  I get it.  If it were my kid, I’d do the same, eh?  OK, but you’re going to have to find another way to get your hands on Ganba because you’re not taking my title to get it, eh?
                Sorry, but I’ve worked too long and too hard to become a minor character in someone else’s story.  So, let’s have a great match.  A match worthy of National Pro Wrestling Day.  But in the end, I write my own story and it doesn’t end here, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment