Saturday, May 16, 2020

Joshi Division Promos

                This weekend at AWL 314, 8 women will face off in a Battle Royal to determine the first woman to challenge for the AWL Intercontinental Championship.  It only seems fair to give these competitors a chance to address the AWL Fans before this historic match.  It also works as an easy way to announce who will be in the match.

Jackie M.
                First Joshi IC Champion.  Sounds good.  Sounds REAL good.  So does the idea of bashing a handful of skulls together and forcing my way back into a title match with that arrogant little shrimp Akira Merune.  I beat all her fancy holds before so I know she’ll never give me another title shot unless I force her to.  Suits me just fine!

Betty Bubbles
                Like, this is totes awesome!  Girl power and some junk.  And, like OMG I, like, get to be in the match?!  They, like, never let me be in the important matches.  It’s totally cray-cray.  Totes unfair ya know?  But this time all I gotta do is stand in the ring the longest?  Yas Queen!  Bling belt, here I come!!

Emily Nagsaki
                I stand in no woman’s shadow.  I’m proud of Jessica’s individual success and she more than deserves to be in the Best 4.  But this battle royal is my chance to stand out and accomplish something on my own in the Joshi Division.  I will not squander this chance.  皆さん頑張って下さい。もちろん私も頑張ります!

Usa-chan
                When the Joshi division started, I was at the top of the standings.  One of the 4 who fought to be the first ever Joshi Champion…and I blew it.  One massive mistake that has defined every day of my career since then.  Then, just when I make it back to the Best 4…BAM!  Injury time.  This IC title match means a route back to the top and I’m ready to remind the world what a badass bunny can do!

Nekomusume (This message translated from the original Japanese by the AWL Translation Team)
                Too many in the AWL locker room think Monster Union is a joke just because we’ve never won any titles-nya.  Well, we’re a group on the rise!  King Akira is in the men’s Best 4 and now I’ve been chosen to represent us in this IC battle royal-nya.  Just watch me and see what a monster can do.  VIVA!  MONSTER UNIONYA!!

ResuYELLOW (This message translated from the original Japanese by the AWL Translation Team)
                I’m grateful nobody has made the obvious and hurtful joke about me being in this battle royal.  I’d like to thank my partner ResuPINK for letting me step up and represent the Resurangers in this match.  I feel as if I have something to prove as a Joshi wrestler.  But this isn’t about me.  It’s about breaking the Golden Quadrangle and stopping Dr. Jigoku from taking over the entire AWL.  The first step on that path is this weekend.  From there?  We’ll find out together.

Yin
                If you’re wondering why I’m in this match rather than my sister, she lost rock-paper-scissors.  We’ve held “men’s” titles in the past.  We’ve won “women’s” titles in the past.  But this is our first chance to turn one into the other.  It will be an interesting application of…balance.

Dragoness
                I’ve been a tag team champion, but I’ve never been a part of a Golden Duo before.  That’s something not even Dad ever accomplished in the AWL.  And taking a title away from The Augments?  Even better!  Dad told me stories about how he and The Dragon School or The AWL All Stars would work together to defeat enemies none of them could beat on their own.  I’ve always wanted to be a part of something like that.  If I can do my bit to break the Golden Quadrangle, I know it’ll make my family proud.

Tune in this weekend to AWL 314 for the AWL IC #1 Contender’s Battle Royal and a whole lot more right here in the Animated Wrestling League.

No comments:

Post a Comment