Wednesday, June 5, 2013

AWL 60 Countdown Day 1.

Welcome AWL fans to the final countdown to AWL 60: The Season 3 Finale.  Before we get into hyping the show, I would like to express my gratitude to all of you.  Thanks to you, the AWL fans, May 2013 was far and away the most successful month, in terms of page views, in AWL history.  We more than doubled our previous record with 438 page views in May and we’re on pace to do it again in June.  I can think of several indy wrestling promotions that can’t draw 400+ in one month.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  The thought that my videos are being seen and presumably enjoyed by all of you is a source of great joy for me.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled shilling:

AWL 60 will be posted at 7am Japan time on Sunday June 9th (please adjust for your time zone).  We will proudly present 5 matches including all the AWL Championships being defended.  For the rest of this week we will be bringing you daily content all leading up to the show.  Tonight, we look at what will be the opening match: Batsumania.

Batsumaina is a new AWL exclusive concept match.  The rules are as follows:

1. Batsumania is a 4-man elimination match scheduled for 3 falls.

2. After every fall, the WINNER of the fall is eliminated from the match.

3. The man to lose the third and final fall will be immediately FIRED from the AWL.

We now bring you some comments from the four wrestlers that have been sentenced to Batsumania.

American Beetle:
              My fellow Americans.  It has come to this, a former AWL World Tag Team Champion forced to fight for his life in a match named after a comedy internet video series.  But I am not dejected.  While I have no desire to add to America or Japan’s unemployment numbers, I will do whatever it takes to get the job done.  America has suffered attack and setbacks before and always risen from the ashes and flown to greater heights.  As America goes, so goes her champion, the American Beetle.  May God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.

Silver Potato:
              Hey yo, it’s Sil Po!  This Sunday I gots ta fight my old friend Am B, a goblin, and a plate of curry.  But years ago I was a Kaiju Grand Champion.  I’ve seen a LOT weirder than this shiznit.  And believe you me, the Silver Stud Spud can more than handle his biznezz.  I’m going to survive this match because the AWL needs the Uber Tuber.  With teams of villains like the NRE and YTM running around, the AWL is going to need heroes in Season 3 and I am just the starch for the job.  So Am B, Curry, Mags, I’m sorry and it’s nothing personal, but I’m going to have to send you head over heels with the Au Gratin Kick!  Peace the spud out!

Maglubiyet Jr.:
              Gpigrtg45g-9ipvf83uvdw675ad79u5t:lryn0-94268’$($’$KVWI**+>?*`??~I($”JIVOU)’IRIJWROUi3ijbipjb80ubinkb8ij 0 –wij4 ijijipj98bpiwpij35-9 ji3i 80i Barbra Streisand!

Curry Man:
              Watashi wa Curry Man desu.  King of Spice desu.  Watashi AWL 60 NO LOSER.   Amerika no mushi, gin potato, Maglubiyet Jr. niban sanban shiban.  Curry Man ICHIBAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!


It’s official, the AWL employs some genially crazy people.  But after AWL 60, there will be one less nut bag running around here.  Join us this weekend for Batsumania and a whole lot more Animated Wrestling League action!!

No comments:

Post a Comment