Friday, May 29, 2015

A whole lot of promos.

Friday is turning into promo day around here. Let's start of with the young man who debuted last weekend and became the first person to WIN their Dragon Debut Series Match. Ladies and gentlemen, the newest member of The New Classics: Matt Classic Jr.

Wow! I gotta admit. I didn't expect to win that. Dad always told me that Dragon was one of the best in the world and he didn't say that about a lot of the boys. And I agree with him. Let's be clear about this. I beat Dragon on the night. I was the better man on the night. But I'm not a better wrestler than Dragon. Not yet anyway. One of the lessons that's been drilled into my head, "In that ring, any man can beat any other man." And that's what happened at AWL 137. Dragon made one critical mistake and I was able to take advantage and win the match.

What mistake? Simple, Dragon heard my name, saw my mask, and expected me to be a carbon copy of my father. Well Dragon and the AWL fans learned better and fast. I love my dad, I'm proud to wear his mask, but I am my own man and I wrestle my own style. Yeah, you'll see the Classic Claw, Matt Classic Press, that sort of thing. But just as dad represented the history of professional wrestling, I represent the present and the future. The future starts now!

Humble and impressive words from the young masked marvel. Coming up next we have comments from the champion and challenger in this weekend's AWL World Heavyweight Title Match. For the sake of simplicity, these comments have already been run through the AWL Translation Team and will be published in English. First, the Challenger:

Ryusensei: Ganba, thank you for your time. Before we discuss your match this weekend I have to ask you about AWL 137. With HAKAISHA unable to appear for your announced match, you could have won the title by forfit, but you refused the match. Why?

Ganba: Really? Do you think I want to become champion that way? No. HAKAISHA beat me fair and square at National Pro Wrestling Day to win the title. I want to do the same to win it back. I've waited most of the season to get a title shot, I can wait a few more days.

R: OK, thank you. Now, HAKAISHA is going to be a part of the Tag Team Grudge Match main event at AWL 140. Your match this weekend is the last title match scheduled for this season. Do you think HAKAISHA is looking past you to Crisis Gundan and does that factor in to your stratagy this weekend?

G: I don't know. You'll have to ask HAKAISHA. But I'm 100% focused on this match so I expect that he will be as well. If not, that's his mistake. I always do my best and this weekend will be no exception.

I also caught up with the champion and asked him much the same questions:

Ryusensei: HAKAISHA, this weekend you defend your AWL World's Heavyweight Championship against Ganba. But in just two and a half weeks you and DOOMBUNNY face Crisis Gundan and the losing team must disband. With all that on your plate, are you going to be 100% focused on Ganba at AWL 138?

HAKAISHA: I have to be. Ganba is one of the best wrestlers in Japan, probably one of the best in the world. If I come at him with less than my best he's going to go home with the title. And I owe Ganba my thanks. He could have gone home with the title last week but he chose to do things the Right Way and I thank him for that. Make no mistake. This Sunday I will wrestle Ganba, I will do it the Right Way, and I will still be AWL World's Heavyweight Champion.

But come AWL 140, I will FIGHT Crisis Gundan and I WILL put the last of my past behind me. Yarina is gone. Yarina Talent Management Inc. is gone. Jack, Giant, soon you will be gone too!

That was supposed to be the end of the blog post for today, but nope. Just a few minutes ago we received a message from El Rudo Rojo and the AWL Commissioner has ordered it posted. You have been warned and you know who to blame...not me!

That pu**y commissioner is a cowardly dog and I don't care who knows it! I beat a ligit giant to become AWL World Light Heavyweight Champion (saving myself from Batsumania in the process) and not only do I not get the massive celebration I deserve, I haven't even been booked on the show in weeks! BULLS**T!! I demand a match at AWL 140. I'm a champion dammit, I should get the big money on the big shows!!

What a jackass! I'll be back tomorrow with By the Numbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment