Saturday, April 16, 2016

Promos for Both Title Matches.

With two very important title matches right around the corner, we once again turn things over to the champions and challengers for some final comments before their matches at AWL 170. First, the Intercontinental Championship Match:

Hassan:
One year. It's been one year since I beat Vacant for the WWE IC Title. In that time I've gone through war after war after war trying to make this AWL IC Title ligitimate. I've fought my own partner and best friend. I've fought racists, monsters, luchadors, and suplex machines. But I've survived it all! Now I'm just one match shy of challenging for the Grand Championship.

I have nothing but respect for Tiger Mask, but he's not going to stop me. This IC title is a movement. A movement for all the young guys, the little guys, the forgotten guys. People who would never in a million years get a title shot in any wrestling promotion. This title is your path to the top. This title is how we make a statement.

And I'm going to make my statement on the biggest stage I can. WHEN I win this weekend, I'm cashing in...at the GOLDEN WAR!!

Tiger Mask II (Translated from Japanese):
Respect? You call deciding your next match after beating me respect?? No. Unforgivable! I don't know what you will be doing at the Golden War, but I will be defending MY AWL Intercontinental Championship for the first time. If you want to talk about respect, earn it in the ring.

Hassan breaking a little bit of news there. If he survives with his championship intact Something Tiger Mask II seems rather motivated to prevent), he will face the AWL Grand Champion at AWL Super Card—Golden War 2016. But who would be his opponent? We hear from the two men who will fight for that honor tomorrow:

Dr. Jigoku:
At last, after months of...falsified experements, my SUPERIOR warrior will prove himself by rising to the highest of heights, AWL Grand Champion. Decades of research, years of planning, months of matches, all worth it. My iron man. My greatest creation. My Project 鉄 will show all of you and all those who laughed at me that the era of mere human wrestlers is at an end and the Age of Augmentation has begun!!!

Wyvern:
Dr. Jigoku is a nut bag. Can you name one title that any of his so-called "superior" wrestlers have ever held? Tag Titles? Light Heavyweight Titles? Heavyweight? Anything? Well, as long as I have this (holds up the Grand Championship Belt) the only superior wrestler around here is me. Project 鉄 may be bigger and stronger than me, but you could say the same thing about Bad Luck Fale and the rest of Bullet Club. Where are they now? Gone. I have been fighting bigger men since I was a small child. I'm not afraid of iron. I'm not afraid of hell. I'm not afraid of anything! I am Wyvern, I am the Young Dragon, I am the Animated Wrestling League Grand Champion! And I don't see any of that changing any time soon. But you are welcome to try.

As for Hassan, Grand Champion vs. IC Champion at the Golden War? I like the sound of that. Obviously you don't need my approval to challenge me. 5 defenses of the IC Title gives you that right. But still, I welcome the challenge. Hassan, I hope to see you in Kyoto.



Strong words from the Grand Champion. But as the old song says, it's not bragging if you can back it up and the win-loss records do not lie. Wyvern is the first ever undefeated AWL Champion and if anyone is up for the challenge of The Augments, it's the Young Dragon. See you tomorrow for AWL 170.

No comments:

Post a Comment