Friday, April 22, 2016

Return of the Ace!

On Wednesday, I said there was BIG news afoot and I did not lie. The AWL Commissioner has met with New Japan Pro Wrestling chairman Sugabayashi Naoki and arranged for OKADA to appear and wrestle at the Golden War!! That's right, after more than half a season away from the AWL Arena, the Rainmaker will return to an AWL ring!!

Since we last saw Okada, he has lost the IWGP Heavyweight Championship to the ungovernable Naito Tetsuya (and good luck getting him to show up for any bookings that he doesn't absolutely have to).

The AWL Commissioner has already decided on Okada's opponent at the Golden War:
RAINMAKER オカダカズチカ vs. 山田二郎
Inter-promotional Match
I honestly can't say I'm surprised. In fact, I'd be willing to bet any about of money you care to name that the AWL Commissioner saw Yamada Jiro's rant against Japanese people who color their hair and immediately thought of bringing Okada back to the AWL.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank New Japan Pro Wrestling for their support and I think we all look forward to the ass kicking Yamada Jiro has had coming for a very long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment