Saturday, April 23, 2016

Stipulations announced.

I am pleased to report that Hassan has finally announced his choice of stipulations for the main event of Golden War 2016:

Hassan:
Wyvern, I've thought long and hard about this. I could stack the deck in my favor. I could make it a three on one match where whoever on my team pins you, I get the title. I could ban you from using your finishing moves, or any move that isn't a headlock. I probably couldn't make it a "Hassan Wins Match" but I could try if I wanted.

Luckily for you Wyvern, I don't want to win that way. What I want is a fair fight. That's why neither of us will be allowed to have anyone in our corners at the Golden War. No Dragon, no American Beetle. Just you and me, man to man.

But I also want this to be over. April 26th, 2015. Nearly one year ago. That is when Vacant defeated Daniel Bryan for the WWE Intercontinental Championship, ending his career. It was roughly one week later that I won that WWE title. 24 hours later, I learned that Vacant had agreed to our title match without Vince's say so and that WWE would not recognize me as IC Champion. So I asked the AWL Commissioner about it. He said I could be announced as WWE IC Champion (since I had the belt), but that I couldn't defend the title on his show without opening the AWL up to a crushing lawsuit.

Thinking back on that conversation, I said some things to the commissioner that probably should have gotten me fired. I regretted it as soon as I left the office. But, to his credit, the boss not only didn't fire me, but he hasn't mentioned it since. But there IS something he said that stuck with me, "You want me to do this? Then MAKE me do it. Earn it!"

I did.

More than 11 months later and I sit here in my last few days as AWL IC Champion. Wyvern, I'm glad I get to fight you. You burst on to the scene and made the AWL yours. 5 matches and you're the Grand Champion, I respect that. But that didn't sit well with everyone in the locker room or the Arena. Some people are even saying you're the AWL's Roman Reigns!

So now it's YOUR turn to earn it. Prove all your doubters wrong. Prove that you can win the big match on your own.....and in decisive fashion. If you're going to keep your title, you'll have to win it the way I won mine. 2 out of 3 falls!

AWL Super Card—Golden War 2016
Main Event
Wyvern (C) vs. Hassan (IC)
Animated Wrestling League Grand Championship Match
Intercontinental Championship Cash-in.
Stipulations: 2 out of 3 falls, all parties barred from ringside.

4th Title Defense

No comments:

Post a Comment