Friday, February 10, 2017

Commissioner's Weekly Address

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I am the AWL Commissioner.

First of all, I would like to congratulate Sammy Nix and Tiger Mask II for becoming the new Animated Wrestling League Grand and Intercontinental Champions respectively.  I speak for the entire league when I say that I look forward to many outstanding championship matches from both of them.

However, I must now address the proverbial elephant in the room.  The Global Wrestling Monopoly has made public false statements about the Animated Wrestling League and an invitation that was never extended to them.  However, I enjoy a challenge and I have accepted their offer on a per-appearance basis.  That means that I have unilateral discretion to ban any and all GWM competitors form the AWL at will.  This will NOT turn into another Bullet Club debacle.

That said, I have COMMISSIONED the following matches for AWL 201:

AWL 201 Main Event
Tiger Mask II (C) vs. Big Foot (GWM)
AWL Intercontinental Championship Match—1st Title Defense

Before COMMISSIONING this match, I spoke to Tiger Mask II and did something I usually do not do.  I gave him veto power over the match.  He has chosen to fight Big Foot and that is the only reason this match is happening.  As for the second GWM member who has challenged my AWL Roster, he needs to know that one does not become a main eventer in the Animated Wrestling League just by saying “I am a main eventer.”  Therefore…

Yellow Devil (GWM) vs. Mr. Smiles

This shall most assuredly be a mid-card match.  Let us see if one of the best of GWM can defeat one of our lowest ranked competitors.  Personally, I doubt it.

Finally, I have two items to note regarding the AWL Roster.  First of all, the AWL has come to terms on the release of the wrestler known as Bruce Hoyt from his AWL contract.  We wish him well in all his future endeavors.

Secondly, AWL junior official Daiki Babaganoush has left the AWL to complete his final training to become a full time, unmasked, referee.  This is a procedure that all members of the world famous Babaganoush Wrestling Family undergo as part of their training.  We wish him great success in this and all his future endeavors.


The full card for AWL 201 will be announced tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment