Friday, February 3, 2017

Rules and Promos

With National Pro Wrestling Day just 24 hours away, I’m typing this on the plane from Narita to Philadelphia International Airport (With an annoyingly long layover in Atlanta).  Not only do I have the traditional comments from both the champion and challenger in the main event Grand Championship Match, I have a quick refresher course on the rules of an AWL Video Cybernetico Match.

VIDEO CYBERNETICO:
1. 6 wrestlers compete in an elimination trios match.
2. Once one team is completely eliminated, the remaining wrestlers on the winning team (if there’s more than one) must wrestle each other.
3. The last man standing is declared the winner and for the first time at National Pro Wrestling Day, that winner will become the NEW AWL Intercontinental Champion!

Up next, comments from the challenger for the AWL Grand Championship this Sunday and the winner of the 2017 New Year’s Tournament: Sammy Nix:

Yo what up Philadelphia!  Straight outta Brooklyn your 2017 NYT Champion here!  I told everyone that my new Chimera-Plex was going to be the key to winning the tournament and I proved myself to be a man of my word.  But the NYT was only the first step.  This Saturday I step into a Chikara ring for the biggest match of my career.  For years Lee and I have been known as the best tag team in AWL history bar absolutely NONE!  But neither of us have ever had that big singles run.  We love tag team wrestling, but everyone on the AWL Roster wants to be Grand Champion whether they’ll admit it or not.

This Saturday in Philadelphia, I get that chance.  Chiba Akagi is one hell of a wrestler, especially for his age.  But as long as I can wrestle my kind of match and keep out of his grip, the Chimera-Plex is going to make me the NEW AWL Grand Champion!

And now, some words from the Grand Champion (Translated from Japanese):

At AWL 200 in front of a sold out Tokyo Dome, I defeated a monster.  I out lasted a machine custom designed to replace us.  I defeated that monster machine so badly that Dr. Jigoku had to rebuild it from the ground up (and it still lost in the New Year’s Tournament).  Sammy Nix, you’re an AWL legend, no doubt about it.  But you’re only a man.  I’ve beaten monsters, surely I can beat you.  This Saturday in your home country, you are going to be tied up in a human knot and you…will…tap…out!


It all happens Saturday in Philadelphia at National Pro Wrestling Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment