Saturday, February 25, 2017

Pre-Title Match Interviews

We’re less than 24 hours away from the first AWL Grand Championship Match of the regular season.  As per custom, I happily turn this forum over to the two men who will compete in the main event of AWL 203 for the Animated Wrestling League Grand Championship:

Euption Solar (Translated from Spanish):

When I was invited to take part in the New Year’s Tournament, I never thought I’d be writing something like this less than 2 months later.  I must admit, I’m a little overwhelmed.  I’ve only been wrestling for about a year and it doesn’t feel like I’ve “earned” this opportunity.  Being AWL World’s Tag Team Champion is already an incredible honor and responsibility, but now I have the chance to be the first person in history to hold both tag team and singles titles at the same time.

But then I pause and realize that I DO deserve this!  For all the talk in wrestling about “paying dues,” the only thing that matters is what happens between the ropes.  I pinned the AWL Grand Champion clean in the middle of the ring.  That earned me a title match.  And while I regret what happened to Hassan and I hope he gets better soon and returns to action as soon as possible, I would have gotten this match sooner or later.  So Sammy Nix, the next generation is coming for you.  This weekend, I’m taking that Grand Championship back to Mexico!


Sammy Nix:

Let’s make one thing clear.  Kid, I like ya.  As my old man would say, ya got moxie.  And yeah, ya pinned the AWL Grand Champion…the same one I pinned to win this belt.  You’ve NEVER beaten me and this Sunday ain’t gonna break that pattern.

We’re gonna get in the ring, I’m gonna deliver a Brooklyn style beat down, and you’re going to lose.  Then, someday soon, Lee and I are gonna get our three points and we’re coming for those tag team titles.


Solar, yer gonna be Grand Champion someday, I’m sure of it…just not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment