Saturday, October 10, 2015

Champion and Challenger Speak

Dragon:
I remember when I was first contacted by the man you all know as the AWL Commissioner. He was looking to start a wrestling company and I was a hot young indy talent that he thought he could build around. I was entered into a tournament to crown the first AWL Champion. We were just a bunch of rookies that nobody had ever heard of. Mr. Showtime, Dan Dynamo, Yin, Yang, The Governator, Diamond Back, and some guy dressed up as a mentally deranged clown. Fighting for no money, no fame, in front of a few dozen people if we were lucky. I remember what the Commissioner said one day when we were all feeling it was hopeless: Just focus on one match tonight. Everything else will come.

One match. One match is all that matters. In this job, in this sport. You can only ever count on one match. That match is tonight. Every time we step into the squared circle we take out health, our futures, and out lives into our hands. Any move. Any attack. Any mistake could be our last. I've been in this business for more than 15 years. I don't know how long I have left. But all that matters is one match. I am focused on that one match for that one title. My title. It's a new name, a new belt, and a completely different opponent but all I need it...one match.

HAKAISHA!:
(Translated from Japanese)
The way of a champion is a difficult one. Not only the title matches, but the responsibility. The champion is the leader of the roster. The symbol of the promotion. The fact on all the posters. The man in the main event. It is a heavy burden.

But I wouldn't change it for anything! I didn't respect the title or the AWL when I became champion the first time. But now this task is one I carry with pride. I AM the AWL World's Heavyweight Champion! I have EARNED it! I realize that now and after all that has happened to me this year I embrace it. No one is taking this title, this duty, from me. Not even my respected senpai.


I am the Japanese Destroyer. And I do it the Right Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment