Thursday, October 13, 2016

Comments from the AWL Roster

With the full card for AWL 189 being announced unusually early in the week, I've had time to track down and talk to many of the participants in this weekend's matches. First, the two men in the Fight for 4:

Hassan: I'm ready. I'm ready to take back my AWL Grand Championship. Ganba is a great champion, but I know I can beat him. Him being a 7 time champion means he's lost the belt 6 times. I've only lost it once and that was to the best in Japan today. As for the Augments. Yeah, those things creep me out. But once I get in the ring, it's just me and my opponent. Nothing else matters.

Speaking of not mattering, Wonder Kid. When's the last time you did anything around here? Season 2? Season 3? While you were out learning how to look like an overgrown Young Lion, I was establishing the Intercontinental Championship and winning the Grand Championship. Meet me in the ring this Sunday and we'll see if you have anything left.

Wonder Kid: That belt is mine! Nobody has EVER held a heavyweight title around here longer than ME!! It's well past time that I take my title back and finally get my full year! And no shrimpy little wimp who had to invent a belt to win one is going to stand in my way!

Strong words and accusations from both men. Now let's turn the clock back to last week. Once again the masked man known as Hasaiki attacked Hifumi Ryuji. While I've been unale to track down Hasaiki, I was able to get a few moments with his victim:

Hifumi Ryuji (translated from Japanese): Hasaiki? Yeah, if you find that guy, let him know that I want him in the ring. One on one. Fair fight. And tell the Commissioner that I don't care if he has to offer Hasaiki a contract to make it happen, I want that match! Once I have him fair and square, it's going to end EXACTLY the same way as our Graduation Match...1. 2. 3!!!

Finally today, I have some brief comments from the 4 men who will continue in the Clash of Styles Tournament this Sunday:

Black Tiger III: One match. One step closer to taking his mask. Nobody betrays the Tiger's Den and nobody wears the mantle of Tiger who has not earned it!

Luke James: OK, so it hasn't been a good start in this tournament. Fine. But Black Tiger III hasn't won any matches either. So the way I recon it, we're even. He can bring all his freaky training and his special effects. I'll just bring my fists.

Tanaka Kenichi: I am besto! I am wiina! You am Canada! You am loser! I am cool you am f*ck!

Kid Canada: I'm in the middle of the pack now, eh? I can deal with that. The good news is that I KNOW I am a better wrestler than Tanaka Kenichi. He is everything I've had to fight my entire career. He's cheated, stolen, and blackmailed his way to the top while guys like me have been in the background working twice as hard for have the success. Well, this Sunday his luck runs out.


I'll be back tomorrow with comments from the fighters in one of our two upcoming title matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment