Sunday, October 9, 2016

Comments from Champion and Mad Science

As is customary, I'm turning over this final blog post before AWL 188 to the champion and challenger in tomorrow's AWL Grand Championship Match. I asked both Ganba and Dr. Jigoku their thoughts on this match. Their responses were...interesting.

Dr. Jigoku: I don't care about this match in the slightest! Oh, I care about the AWL Grand Championship. I care about beating that decrepit sack of flesh and bone you call "Ganba." But that's not going to happen in this match. Augment #003's assignment isn't to win the belt. It's to HURT Ganba. Weaken him. Make him easier prey for #001. Yes, there's always an off chance I've miscalculated Ganba's human fraility and #003 wins somehow. But that's not the plan. And when I control the AWL Grand Championship, Phase 1 will be complete! And I can continue to prove my science...SUPERIOR!


Ganba: (Translated from Japanese) I knew when I won this Grand Championship that the Augments were coming. This is just the first step. But I am not looking past Usagi Kick. He is fast and his kicks are impressively strong no matter how artificial they might be. I've been studying footage of his matches and I believe I can train to resist or counter his attacks. The Augments are a mountain-like challenge. But I do not quit, I do not give up, I always try my best. いつも頑張ります!

No comments:

Post a Comment